Rhode Island

Mother of Bride Dresses

Any good suggestions to find a mother dress with a jacket?>

Re: Mother of Bride Dresses

• edited December 2011
    My mother and I searched all over. The mall had nothing!! Some of the other bridal stores were around $650 - $900 I finally took her Wishing Well in East Providence.  They had a few really nice options (classic not old mother-ish) and their prices are very reasonable. 
  • JessiTessJessiTess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom (and grandmother) got their dresses from Sassy & Classy in East Greenwich.  Main Street East Greenwich has a lot of great shops.
  • edited December 2011
    My mom got her dress (with a jacket) at Party Dress Express in Fall River. 
  • edited December 2011
    my mom just looked for a dress she liked at nordstroms.  not a mother of the bride shop.
  • WdngPlnrWdngPlnr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the mall didnt have anything....does anyone remember the avg cost that their mothers dress was?
  • edited December 2011
    My mom's was about $350 at Wishing Well and it came with a really cute bolero jacket that she loved. 
  • ceci11ceci11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom looked everywhere for her dress. She is young looking and wanted a bolero type jacket. She got her  dress at Wishing Well. I think it was about $400. The dresses there are not old looking and their selection was the best around IMO. Good Luck!
  • hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my mom got hers at Ana's Bridal

it had a little bolero that went with it..she's not one to show her arms and felt good with the bolero
  • jaz0822jaz0822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom bought hers at: Ray Gardner Designs by Repete1235 Oaklawn Avenue Cranston, RI 02920
    she spent around 200 and looked AMAZING!  
  • holsco2holsco2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mother got a beautiful dress with a jacket from Bridals and Gift in Attelboro, MA. Right near Emerald Square mall.....they have a huge selections!! Lots of rooms to look through.
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at Timeless on Rte 44 in Rehoboth. Great shop and the owner is great to deal with. Very helpful. Mine was made by lourea and it was black with rouching. I loved it. Very comfy and the cost was $189.00 which I thought was very reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards