Wisconsin

CLINKING Glasses

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to think of a different or creative way for our guests to get us to kiss at the wedding reception rather than the normal clinking of the glasses?

Anyone have anything they can recommend?

Thanks in advance!! :)

Re: CLINKING Glasses

• Our priest suggested having a jar and the couple kisses when someone puts money in it. The money is donated to a charity that the couple chooses. I thought it was nice and different, but am not sure if we will do it. 
  • We made a list of all the couples we knew would be attending and put their names in a basket. Whenever someone clinked, we drew names and that couple either had to kiss and we'd copy them OR they could sing a love song and we'd kiss

• I think we are going to have people come up and pic a question about us, if they get it right we will kiss (the questions will be pretty easy, and they can ask for help lol)...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Same as chelseamb11 with the basket of names. We'll probably have a few rigged so our parents grandparents etc have to kiss. We won't do a love song, just make them kiss before we do. Haven't decided yet if we will copy their kiss or not...
  • In Response to Re:CLINKING Glasses:[QUOTE]Same as chelseamb11 with the basket of names. We'll probably have a few rigged so our parents grandparents etc have to kiss. We won't do a love song, just make them kiss before we do. Haven't decided yet if we will copy their kiss or not... Posted by trishanne[/QUOTE]

This is what we are doing too.
  • Our D.J. actually suggests 4 options (to try to stay away from tradition clinking) - clinking glasses, kiss copy, bride and groom trivia, and putt for a kiss. They actually set up a small golf green and have a putter to use. We haven't decided which to do yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • K&NickK&Nick member
    First Comment
    I just got married last Saturday, and we did the "kiss copy"  everyone was seriously laughing so much, it was actually a lot of fun.  Even though we still ended up kissing a lot.  But at least we were able to tell DJ this is the last one, so that was nice.  I was very surprised about some conserative relatives that came up and did it as well.  It was also neat that my grandparents were the first ones to volunteer, who have been married 58 yrs, so everyone cheered for that. 
  • We did slap bag (a tailgate tradition for us when you take a bag of box wine, drink from it as long as you can, then slap the bag) or a Packer chair. We did not get to eat because the line for slap bag was alway three deep. People loved the free alcohol.
    FormerlyMsKrop
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards