Wedding Woes

I accidentally dialed 911

I was trying to dial into a conference call, so I hit 9 for an outside line, then 1 before the area code, and I hit it in such a way that it registered twice.  I then had to explain to the dispatcher that all was well and I was really sorry, but he asked me a bunch of questions to verify that I wasn't being held hostage or something.

Me:

Re: I accidentally dialed 911

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHAHA

I saw he post title and thought, "oh, Heffa's gonna have to use the short bus for herself." You did not disappoint.
  • edited December 2011
    When I had a blackberry pearl I regularly called 911, because if you press on the trackball twice when the phone locks it automatically calls 911. Finally the 911 operator in my town gave me a lecture and told me that I either needed to learn to use my phone or get a new one Embarassed
    I stopped carrying it in my pocket.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CW, that sounds like a serious design flaw on the phone. I bet that happened to everyone who had it.
  • edited December 2011

I called 911 when I was little just to see what would happen. It resulted in a cop showing up at the door and me getting grounded for "irresponsible phone usage."

By the way Heffa, your kid is really cute. I don't usually like kids but yours is friggin adorable.

• edited December 2011
    I do that all the time bc here to dial one of our other locations we have to dial
    9 then 2911198 and i always miss the 1st 2 and dial 911.
  • Copper2008Copper2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You wouldn't believe how often people do this.  To make matters worse, most people just panic and hang up. Then they are too embarrassed to answer the phone when the dispatcher calls back to see what happened, so they have to send the police over to make sure nothings wrong.

You did the right thing by just fessing up to the nice lady on the phone (Unless you're hoping to have some eyecandy in blue show up ;)
  • alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol I did this when I was little because I was bored and we had just learned about 911 in school (apparently not the part about it being serious) and when they asked where my mom was I told them in the bathtub.. They thought I meant she was drowning or something cuz all of a sudden fire fighters, police and an abulance were damn near knocking down the bathroom door to figure it out... My mom was PISSED! I had to go to the station when my dad got home to apologize to everyone for wasting their time. The service men got an eye full that day and I got an ass whopping.
  • KirstenAleciaKirstenAlecia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, I have done this so many times. I leared to lock my phone.

Alyssa, that is tooo funny. Your poor mom! Do they tell that story to any new people you bring around? I know my parents have a fav story that they told any boyfriends they met or even just friends that they get  to meet even to this day.I wouldnt be surprised if my dad told it at the wedding, however innappropriate, i think he would think it would get a laugh.
     If I was your mom, that would be the story I told :) Its funny.
  • miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol how funny!
  • edited December 2011
    Hehe, short bus :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards