Plus-Sized

NWR: Jeans

I have yet to find jeans that fit. I wear about a 18W or somewhere around there.

The problem I have is that my bum is rather large and my waist is rather small in comparison. In order to find jeans that fit my bum, I need to sinch the waist so much that it often creates fabric bunches that are uncomfortable.

Any ideas on where to find a good fitting pair of jeans?

PS: I can purchase size 14 (non-W) a-line dresses that fit just perfectly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Jeans

• Lane Bryant and fashion bug have jeans for specific shapes. You might check them out.

• Lane Bryant...the 'right fit' jeans, the ones with the blue symbol.  i have the exact same problem and they are the only ones that fit me properly (fit on the butt and don't gap in the waist.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love Macy's jeans... style and co.   I also really like the "perfectly slimming" levi's jeans... they don't seem to hold up as well as the style and co jeans though.    Lane Bryant and Fashion bug jeans tend to be baggy in awkward places on me.  I also wear a 16/18.  
  • I have the same problem! Dresses are so much smaller in size for me than pants/jeans. My jeans are an 18 but my waist is more like a 12. I was thinking about asking this the other day so I'm glad you did. My only thing is with Lane Bryant is the size I need is too tight and then the next size up is WAY to big. It's very awkward.
  • Buy the jeans that fit you everywhere else, other than the waist. And take them to your local seamstress.   Most seamstress can take in the waist for about $8.00-15.00.  I know its adding to the cost of the jeans... but, then you have a pair that fits you perfectly.

• Lane Bryant has the BEST jeans. Most jeans are too baggy in my hips/butt, but the yellor right fit jeans fit me amazingly well.
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • Torrid has "denim boutique".... they fit better than any jean I have ever worn.  They actually make me feel tiny, (I usually wear a 14 and was able to buy a 12 and they fit great.)They streatch from waist to bottom, so if you have one area that is a little larger or smaller, you can go up or down a size for fit.  I only bought one pair, wish I had bough 3. 
  • I wear a size 18 and my butt/hips are also quite a bit larger than my waist. I wear Old Navy's "Dreamer" style jeans almost exclusively. The waist band in the back is curved so I don't get the bunches and gaps that I do with pretty much every other pair of jeans.
  • I have the same issue with a smaller waist I love my jeans from Torrid.
    85image 71image 14image
  • Try Gap online! they have great jeans in our size. I'm the same size as you and i love my gap jeans! or Avenue :)
  • levis has a couple new styles that are great, i used to love lane bryant jeans but i'm in between sizes so they're not working for me now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards