Gay Weddings
Options

Hi I am Shekeita!

My partner of 5 years and I live in Atlanta. We have been engaged for 2 years now. We have yet to decide on a date because I keep getting sick and we use our wedding money for my care. We are hoping to FINALLY be able to get married in the spring of 2014. We would like to do a DW or a cruise to some where beautiful and romantic. We know we want to do it on the beach or in a beautiul garden. Any recommendations on where to start planning? I have no idea where to go from here. We have a small budget of no more than $5,000 for everything....maybe a little under. Is this even doable? 

Re: Hi I am Shekeita!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_hi-i-am-shekeita?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:02c1e5ae-f645-4872-a1f3-193f83dbc0f9Post:d48ac6e2-8144-42bb-a605-63d951d1092d">Hi I am Shekeita!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My partner of 5 years and I live in Atlanta. We have been engaged for 2 years now. We have yet to decide on a date because I keep getting sick and we use our wedding money for my care. We are hoping to FINALLY be able to get married in the spring of 2014. We would like to do a DW or a cruise to some where beautiful and romantic. We know we want to do it on the beach or in a beautiul garden. Any recommendations on where to start planning? I have no idea where to go from here. We have a small budget of no more than $5,000 for everything....maybe a little under. Is this even doable? 
    Posted by MrsLevell2Be[/QUOTE]

Welcome! and congrats on your engagement.  So, it's possibly do-able, but it will be tight. It depends on what you are planning to include in that $5K.  If you are thinking of a cruise, you need to cover your own cruise expenses in that budget, as well as paying for the reception for any guests that are planning to attend your wedding. 

Whatever sort of wedding you do, you have to budget for a reception. If you do a DW in some sunny, beach location, your guests will be covering their own travel expenses, but you have to pay for the wedding and reception.  Unless your guest list is quite small, doing a DW or cruise on $5K is going to be pushing it. 

If your guest list is ... say, 25 people, you could easily do a DW wedding on a beach, and take everyone out to a very nice dinner after.  Many restaurants will even have private rooms where you can have a mini reception.  But, it won't be a big blow out, drinking all night party that many people have in mind when they plan their weddings. 

So, I guess my point is, you have to decide what kind of reception you want, and the number of guests you want to invite.  And, realistically determine if the VIPs on your guestlist are willing to travel for a DW or a take a cruise with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards