Oklahoma
Options

Bachlorette Party

I need some advise from you girls.  My MOH is asking me about the bachlorette party, both what I want to do and when.  How involved is the bride supposed to be?  I have some ideas, but I'm worried it's too expensive and the other girls won't want to do it.  Idealy I would like to go on a spa weekend.  Nothing extravegant, maybe to just Dallas or something close by.  If that doesn't work I would like to do something low key and laid back.  I'm not the bar hopping type, and I definitely don't want any strippers!

I also don't know when to do this.  My MOH suggested the night before the rehersal dinner.  I don't really want to do it the week of the wedding though b/c so much family is going to be in town, I'm worried I'm going to be too stressed to relax, and I don't want to be hung over or overly tired the next day for my rehersal day.  My MOH and one of my other BM are out of town, so this makes it even harder.

Does anyone have any ideas on what we can do and when the best time to do this is?  please help!!!!

TIA!
Anniversary

Re: Bachlorette Party

• Options
    lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine the weekend before my wedding. I am not into the bar scene either so we are doing just a relaxed, fun weekend with just us girls. On Saturday we are having my personal shower at my FSIL house. After that we are going to dinner. I am not sure where yet, but somewhere nice downtown! Then we are going out for drinks... probably at Boleros. My sisters reserved a suite at The Colcord downtown where me and BMs will stay that night after dinner/drinks. On Sunday we are having brunch at the hotel and then going to a spa for manis/pedis and massages.

My sisters asked me what I had in mind and I just told them that I wanted to make a weekend out of it and these are the ideas they came up with. I am so excited!!!

Hope this helps...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's totally fine and pretty normal not to have the bachelorette party right before the wedding - mine was actually over a month before.  You see a lot on the knot scolding girls about planning their own party, but giving good feedback to people trying to do something nice for you is fine!  It sounds like you could easily tell them what you don't want, and then several ideas of what you think would be fun, and they'll figure out what fits the budget.

imageimage
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback.  This helped answer a few questions.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    KellahPandaKellahPanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It totally is fine for Bachelorette parties to be up to a month before the wedding! =)

Originally,  I was going to have it a few weekends before, but since everything has changed I will be having it 2 days before the big day.
  • Options
    MrsWarinerMrsWariner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bride isn't really supposed to be involved but I am a bit of a control freak so, I have been WAY involved in everything.

Have it WHENEVER you are comfortable having it. It is YOUR day.

I am having mine the day before the rehursal dinner, but that is what worked best for me. I am not a partier and wanted something low key. I teach dance and love it. So, we are going to PoleTeaze Fitness downtown (While my Fiance and all his boys will be at the gun range) and learning how to be sexy, then to dinner with all the groomsmen and finally to the hotel rooms for the night. Simple and fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards