Ohio-Columbus
Options

Waxing question?

I was thinking about getting a brazilian and full leg waxing done for the wedding and am looking for referrals, I would prefer to find someone around the Polaris/Westerville area since I live about 30mi NE of Polaris. If you ladies have any great referrals please I would really appreciate it. 
TIA
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Waxing question?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got the Brazilian done down there right before my wedding. I went to Kenneth's at Mill Run. But I have also heard good things from friends about the Penzone's at Polaris (my parents live right around the corner from there).

Just a tip - make sure you clarify how long the hair needs to be. I was fine for the Brazilian, however, the only thing that I was slightly aggravated with was that I had planned on getting my legs waxed as well so I didn't have to shave on the HM. Well apparently the girl who scheduled my appt told me wrong and my hairs ended up not being long enough. My hair grows pretty fast and I think I hadn't shaved in like 10 days (gross, I know). So just double check about the length the hair needs to be before you schedule it regardless of which salon you choose.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a tip on a salon, but I will recommend getting underarms waxed.  Best. Thing. Ever.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://columbus.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_waxing-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:6c0bb7bc-b681-47a1-893f-62c3e441883ePost:3ffacbd7-f946-4844-a6e0-1837f98fab7b">Re: Waxing question?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have a tip on a salon, but I will recommend getting underarms waxed.  Best. Thing. Ever.  
    Posted by EmDizzle[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>When I lived in Columbus I would go to the Penzone that was about 10 minutes from Easton.  I believe that was the Gahanna location.  I'm sure the Polaris location will be just as good.   I always had a good experience with them.  I just recommend that you take some advil about 30-60 minutes before your appointment to help with the pain.

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so not looking forward to this part of getting ready ~_~
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Kenneths in New Albany.  The girl I used was Tegan and I would 100% recommend her.  I've used other waxers, but she was way more professional, thorough, and fast.  The pain was bad, but it was honestly not nearly as bad here as it was at other places.  I asked about that and Tegan said they use soft and hard wax.  I'm not 100% sure what that means, but it made a world of different.  Wherever you go--make sure they have both! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards