May 2012 Weddings
Options

FG Dress Question

For the FG's dress, do I pay for it? Or do her parents pay for it? If I pay for it, I will obviously pick it out. But, if they are "supposed" to pay for it, do they pick it out? Help me :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FG Dress Question

• Options
    I'm not sure what etiquette says on this but I can tell you what I'm doing. My FG is my sister's stepdaughter. My sister is paying for it and we're going together to pick it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Normally the mom pays I think....my FG is my BM's daughter so since she was already spending a pretty pennny we bought it

• Options
    S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I think this might vary between region/family but this is what we did:

I asked the parents before asking the girls -- when they said "yes" I asked if they had a budget in mind. Then I took that budget and looked for dresses -- on the shopping day I bought lunch for everyone and made a big "to-do" about it for the girls (they were having fun trying on the dresses and being on pedestals) -- and I ended up picking dresses that I like and that fit their budget. In all I'm paying for their jewelry, gifts, baskets, etc. but their parents paid for the dress.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I picked out the dress and my aunt is making it, her granddaughter is my FG. You pick the dress out because it's your wedding. Think of her the way you would a BM did they pay? Did they pick out their dress? That sort of thing.
  • Options
    I picked out my FG dresses and paid for them.  I'm having 2 FG and their mother is also in our wedding.  The mother will be paying for her own dress, so I offered to pick up the expense for the FG dress.

• Options
    I actually decided to go the "buy a white dress within these specifications" route so that they can find a dress that they like on their little girl within a budget they're comfortable with. I'm going to add a sash to match the bridesmaids and get them a matching bracelet.

There's 3 of them, so I think the mismatch thing will be pretty cute.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have 2 FG's in our wedding.  One is FI niece, other is my niece.  We bought their dreses for them.  But then each of their moms found matching sweaters (wierd considering they live on opposite coasts!) and are buying their shoes.  Both Grandma's (my mom and FI's mom) bough jewlery.  It sounds pretty convaluted but somehow made sense in our little wedding!
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • Options
    I think it's the same type of etiquette as it is for BM dresses. Ask their budget, choose a dress, and then the parents pay.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards