Retro and Vintage Weddings

Veil poll!

Here's one of our most popular polls!  Considering the longest part of your veil (drop veils, for example, can be much longer in the back), what length of veil are you wearing?  I've provided some pictures to assist you with the length definitions. 

After you've answered the length poll, you can tell us more about your veil--drop veil?  will you wear a blusher?  two tiered? mantilla? ethnic?  family heirloom? etc.

no veil

poof/accent veil--while technically not a veil (since it's not veiling the face) accent "veils" are made out of veil material.  This

that doesn't really cover the face, and is an accent of tulle or another netting or sheer fabric.  It is usually held by a hair comb or alligator clip.

short or birdcage/russian netting (covering the part of the face, or to the chin)

bouffant/flyaway/shoulder length veil (usually just above the shoulder, to the shoulder or just below the shoulder)

elbow length (usually just above the elbow, to the elbow or just below the elbow)

bouquet length--between elbow and fingertip (hitting around the forearm).  As the name suggests, it hits where your bouquet sits.

fingertip (usually to the fingertips or wrists)

waltz/ballet length (falls somewhere beyond the fingertips.  The length could fall just behind the knees or as long as to the ankles)

Floor, Sweep or Chapel veil (to the floor, or enough to cover a sweep train) The veil to the left looks like a cathedral, but remember there is no head on this mannequin.

Cathedral

Royal
looooooooong veil

Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Veil poll!

• I'm wearing an accent veil.  A friend of mine bought an ivory satin headband w/ a satin bow and ivory netting a few years back, and I'm using it as my "Something Borrowed." 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards