Canada-Ontario
Options

invitations - SOS!

Hi ladies - does anyone have any recos re: wedding invitations + where to get them in the local GTA area? I'm thinking of a pocketfold, since we need to include information about the hotel (getting married up North, so need map/directions and info re: accomodations) + RSVP card, so like how this style pulls everything all together neatly - but from what I've seen we are looking at the $5-7 per invitation range, and was hoping this was an area we could cut some corners to overspend in others ... any expert advice out there?

Thanks!
K

Re: invitations - SOS!

• Options
    suellen2bwedsuellen2bwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing DIY invites to save money, maybe you could get creative, do a traditional invite and then send out a News letter, but do it like a news paper, with headlines and colume style, could be a fun way to get all the information about your wedding out to your guest and save you some money on the invites. You could list things to do in the area, add some pictures, make it fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hear the girls at www.stephita.com are quite reasonble - try them out!
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to DIY to save money, I have links to several sets of directions in my bio.  Look under DIY Projects - Invitations.  HTH!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered mine from http://www.invitationsbydawn.ca/

They had lots to choose from and I found them to be reasonably priced. Just got them by purolator 2 days ago and I'm more than pleased with how they turned out! Plus, they are canadian and often have sales and free shipping promo's going on which saved me some money as well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    selena0620selena0620 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Michael's (the craft store) for some DIY invites. 

The one's we selected have pockets.  You might be surprised at the selection. And you can often find 20% off coupons in their flyers and in some wedding magazines.

Micheal's Website

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards