Ohio-Columbus
Options

Vendor Reviews

My future BIL and SIL got married this weekend, and since FH was best man, I was around and was able to help set up and interact with a lot of their vendors.  They used some people that I have not heard of before so I thought it might be nice to pass along the reviews.

Ceremony and Reception Venue: Crocket's Run
The bride and groom decided to have a "destination" wedding down in Hocking Hills.  The couple has lived in Florida for about four years but all of their family and most of their friends are still in Ohio.  Because they don't get to spend much time with their loved ones, they wanted the be able to interact with their guests for more than 5 minutes at the reception.  As such, they invited everyone down for the weekend.  They booked the entire complex at Crocket's Run outside of Logan, Ohio which included one 20 person cabin, two 14 people cabins, a couple of 6 people cabins, and a honeymoon cabin.  The bridal party and immediate family went down Thursday afternoon and stayed through Sunday.  And everyone else came down Saturday afternoon and spent the night after the wedding.

The ceremony was outside under a cliff (stunning), and the reception was in a beautiful rustic reception hall on Crocket's Run property.  The owners Charlie and Sherry were super accommodating and really went all out to coordinate with the other vendors and ensure everything went off without a hitch.  They even set up a huge bonfire where everyone reconvened after the reception.

Photographer: Wes Mosley
Wes is based out of Delaware, Ohio, but he and his assistant traveled down to Hocking Hills for the wedding.  They were super nice people and very easy to work with.  When the bride had a minor freak-out and decided to take off her make-up and do it all over again (note to self: hire a professional!), Wes and his assistant just rolled with it--even though that meant that there was no time to take pictures before the ceremony, as was planned.  I was kind of dreading the long wait the ceremony because that is when 80% of the picture would need to be taken, but Wes was able to get some really beautiful shots in about half an hour!  He set up his computer at the reception and played a slideshow of many of the pictures taken during the day.  They were stunning.  If I had not already booked a photographer, I would definitely look into him!

Cake: Anita Kline
The bride and groom looked into Anita after I strongly suggested (strong-armed?) that they booked her.  I was able to try some fall flavors that we hadn't sampled before, and let me tell you- her spice and carrot cake are just as good as the rest!

Caterer: Wendy's Catering of Bexley
Wendy's food was ah-mazing!  They had chicken kabob's and roast beef, red skinned potatoes, green beans, and salad (with strawberries, feta, blueberries, and raspberries).  The bride's only complaint was that Wendy made cold spinach artichoke dip instead of the hot kind.  Other than that, it was really great.  I heard her prices were super competitive too.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards