Catholic Weddings

Wednesday chit chat!

How's everyone's week going?  Mine is going okay.  I got two new kitties over the weekend, and have been enjoying their company all week :)   Tomorrow I get to go do bloodwork in the morning, and then an ultrasound in the evening.  I'm totally freaking out about it because I'm such a baby about bloodwork.  But after my ultrasound, I'll head to the beach for the weekend, so at least there's that!

How's everyone else doing? 

Re: Wednesday chit chat!

• Sending some thoughts and prayers your way for your medical stuff tomorrow!  Hopefully this will finally get you on the path of getting things figured out.

I'm still having some weirdness with my cycles, but I'm hoping it's just a combination of coming off of BCP, plus wedding-related stress.  Two months now I've had what I thought was definitely my peak, but then a few days later had a return of peak-type CM for a few days.  I have another follow-up next week, so hopefully my teacher can shed some light on what might be going on.

On a lighter note, we have pretty much all our RSVPs back!  We had to do some calling and follow-up, but it was mostly FI"s friends and family members so I didn't have to do too much of it.  We aren't having as high of a turnout as I'd expected, but we do have quite a few people from out-of-state, so I'm fine with it.  Even though I'll miss seeing some of my friends and family, I certainly won't complain about the cheaper catering cost, as that was a majority of our budget :)
  • edited September 2012
    Resa, I love kitties! We have 2 and they're so cute and fun. Pics?

Erin, I'm jealous! I'm still waiting on 2/3rds of my family to rsvp :( But, I'm excited because we just got the baker paid off, our music list finalized, all gifts bought and wrapped, and we have our final meeting with our priest tonight! Really looking forward to that.

I totally understand the stress factor. I'm on day 33 of what i was hoping would be a normal cycle. No such luck. I got that nasty iud out of me back in June and have so far only had one period. Considering FI and I want to start ttc right after the wedding, I'm really starting to freak out and worry that things are not going right in there. But I don't have insurance and money is tight so I can't afford to get that checked. And I'm 32....the clock is ticking! That's something I never thought I'd say.

Fi also just got offered a job about an hour away. It would pay a lot more than his current job, but the idea of moving is freaking me out. My daughter is at a great school and would not be able to be transferred (very shaky custody arrangement w/ her dad), and I wouldn't want to move her. The compromise would be to move somewhere between the two locations and us both commute. This just feels like an all-around bad idea and it's coming at a really bad time. 

I am really praying, all the time, that everything works out.

Thanks for letting me vent all my stress!
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart

• Okay, hopefully that will work and they won't be huge or something.

• Aw! They're so cute :) My cats are awesome snugglers when I'm stressed out. Hopefully, all your medical stuff goes well and you don't need it. But if you do, grab a cat and have a snuggle. It helps.

Praying for good results for you!
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Aww, cute kitties! My husband is a total cat person and basically thinks he is the king of cats and that all cats love him. Weird. We go to the humane society regularly just to visit the cats but we are limiting ourselves to 2 pets at a time (right now a dog and a cat). But have been this close to taking another cat home several times.

lv - sounds like an awful lot of stress all the way around for you! And with less than a month until the wedding, totally not something you need :( I hope everything gets figured out so you can just enjoy the "I'm about to get married!" excitement.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• OMG KITTENS.

This is what I think of when I see cats:

Anyway, I have a staff meeting so I am in a huge hurry.
    Anniversary

• Resa - adorable kitties!!  My husband would love some cats... but our apartment complex doesn't allow pets.  I'm more of a dog person myself.. but I don't mind cats if they're friendly and not too snooty.  I also won't let my husband get any pets until we've got at least one baby :)  

Best wishes with all your blood tests, Resa!!  Hopefully you've got good veins for the draw ;) 
  • Newly, apparently my veins LOOK like they'll be good, and then they disappear.  I usually end up fainting.  It's never fun for anyone involved.   As for pets...I told H we needed new cats because he moved in and it messed up the cat-to-person ratio in my house.  I actually had 2 already, so now we have 4.  I know, I know...I'm a crazy cat lady.

• Prof - that website is hilarious!  I'll have to forward that to my sister and BIL, it's totally up their alley.

I'm not a huge cat person, although I like some.  Much more of a dog person though.  If I could, I'd rescue and/or foster several more basenjis, but FI is limiting us to 2 dogs at a time :(
  • ChloeaghChloeagh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_wednesday-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:292ab6a7-7a1b-4a4e-bd1c-065e1a59f3b1Post:63b418cb-a08d-4d22-be94-89321c3cd1fe">Re: Wednesday chit chat!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG KITTENS. This is what I think of when I see cats: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://xkcd.com/231/">http://xkcd.com/231/</a> Anyway, I have a staff meeting so I am in a huge hurry.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]
    I absolutely love xkcd, and this has to be one of my favorite ones, because this is exactly how I behave around cats.

My family used to have 3 cats, then we found out my stepdad is allergic. FI's family used to have 5 cats, but 3 have died in the past few years. Even though there are still two, we both think we need more kitties in our lives. We're going to be a crazy cat couple when we're older.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_wednesday-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:292ab6a7-7a1b-4a4e-bd1c-065e1a59f3b1Post:9572bf24-6f8d-480b-a12b-3fa51d785f83">Re: Wednesday chit chat!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Newly, apparently my veins LOOK like they'll be good, and then they disappear.  I usually end up fainting.</strong>  It's never fun for anyone involved.   As for pets...I told H we needed new cats because he moved in and it messed up the cat-to-person ratio in my house.  I actually had 2 already, so now we have 4.  I know, I know...I'm a crazy cat lady.
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

<div>YIKES! :( Good luck!</div><div>
    </div><div>Every time I give blood, I get comments on my veins. Apparently, they are large and super-ready to be stuck. In college one of the workers actually said something about how drugs would be easy. It was bizarre. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm allergic to cats :( which is sad because they'd be the perfect pet for us! Alas, we'll have to wait to get dogs. Honestly I don't see us getting dogs for a lonnnnng time (but I can't *wait*)!</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards