South Carolina

Charleston Venues

Hi there!

I got engaged over the holidays and also recently moved to Charleston. We thought it would be easiest to plan our wedding here but come to find out... a lot is booked.

Anyone have any off-the-beaten-path ideas for venues? 125-150 people
I am not stuck on doing in downtown but I feel like i've checked everywhere and it's booked!

Thanks!!

Re: Charleston Venues

• edited December 2011
    Whats your wedding date? Indoors or outdoors?
    and are you willing to do it on the outskirts of Charleston, like Summerville & Moncks Corner?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah Charleston is second only to Vegas for destination weddings.  You need to book at least 8-12 months out to have a good selection.  You can find more info on the Charleston board too, which is separate from this one.
  • edited December 2011
    not sure what time of the year you are getting married, but ....

http://islandhouseevents.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-home.cgi?d=island-house-events

You can bring in your own vendors, food and beverages. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm planning my wedding in 7 months and agree a lot is booked. I lucked into finding an open day at Boone Hall Plantation. However, if we had not gotten there, The Island House was our second choice. A couple of other places we looked at were The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation (Mt. Pleasant, almost to Awendaw) and Creek Club at I'On (Mt. Pleasant) they were both nice, but neither were big enough for our group. And Don't overl ook the parks, you can rent White Point Gardens on the Battery or Hampton Park. They do not close the parks, but people tend to give you your space.
  • kldowdellkldowdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Legare-Waring House in the Charles Towne Landing State Historic Park and it is so beautiful!!  I did book it over a year ago, but it is worth looking into!  And Julie-Ann Oldham who is venue sale manager at the Charles Towne Landing is a delight to work with!! If it is already booked, she will be able to maybe point you in a few other directions.  Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards