Massachusetts

Zukas Hilltop Barn in Spencer, MA

My fiancee and I are looking at venues for a July 2012 wedding.  We loved Zukas Hilltop Barn in Spencer but my one concern is having an outdoor tent wedding in July.  My concern is the July heat and humidity in New England.  They say they have fans on the dance floor to cool down the reception area but I am concerned the fans won't do a good enough job if it's hot and humid.  Ideally I'd love a place with an indoor reception area with AC but Zukas is so beautiful.

Has anyone been to a summer wedding at Zukas Hilltop Barn?  If it was hot outside, how was it under the tent during the reception?  Any other thoughts....
Thanks so much :)

Re: Zukas Hilltop Barn in Spencer, MA

• edited December 2011
    I havent been to an outdoor summer wedding there...but I was at an outside wedding a couple of years ago in the dead of the summer heat. I have to say - it wasnt that bad - and I am one of those people that gets really hot really quick. There ceremony was in the sun - but it was at 11am - before it got too hot. Then we were drinking and under the tent for the afternoon. I dont remember it bugging me at all (although, it was open bar...)

Happy planning!!!
    "You cannot reason with unreasonable people".
  • wcjulie27wcjulie27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Zukas in November inside.  I have several friends who have been to the outdoor tent weddings there and raved about it.  They said it was hot for photos (re-touchs of  the makeup) but under the tent it was great! The food is what everyone seems to rave about at Zukas. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards