New York

Wedding Update Wednesday

I did a few things here and there, but I feel like just little things... I thought after the holidays were over things would be less hectic so I could do more planning, but that doesn't seem to be the case..?!

- Ordered paper lanterns for the reception decor.  I decided to order 3 different shades and 4 different sizes of orange so it looks very monocramatic, but not just all the same exact color.  Since I ordered them online I have no idea how much the coloring is really different though...
- Found lights I want for the reception, but they're out of stock at the best priced website my planner gave to me... and they're not going to have new stock until mid-March... if I can be patient I'll wait until then, otherwise I may purchase from another website I found that's a little more expensive though...
- I think I found my shoes... I'm hoping to order them soon!  (I hate ordering shoes online and not being able to try them on to make sure they fit!  I've never done it because of that, and they make you pay for return shipping if it's not the right size... boo!)  Will post when I convince myself to actually order them... lol  I think you guys will get a kick out of them... they're not really "wedding-y" but I figure they'll be hidden by my dress, so why not make them fun.
- Started a very preliminary seating arrangement chart.  I felt like I needed to check something off of my list, so I started putting people into groups of who they could sit with... I haven't even sent out my invites yet! lol...

What have you ladies accomplished this week?
My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• My FSIL ordered her dress, so those are all set!  My wedding band is coming today, just waiting for the FedEx guy to show up.  I have a huge wedding bonanza weekend coming up, can't wait for next week's post.  I'm driving to Horseheads, Geneva, and Syracuse this friday to monday.  4 appts have been made, woohoo!

Photobucket Anniversary
  • hrmmmmmm.
    • I sent in deposit and contracts for my hair person and our photographers.
    • Arranged to use village trolleys as tranportation for guests between hotel and wedding.
    • Worked on invitation wording.
    • have another florist apt on Saturday...

I guess that is it. I am at this weird stage of feeling a ton of pressure to get things done, but I'm not really sure what I can do!!  I think I might start working on seating and place cards.

Good checks everyone!

• Had an awesome week!

Met with florist and she is AMAZING. We had a 2-hour consultation and she literally did everything and her vision is dead-on with what we want. Success!

We also need to get our day-of timing nailed down. So far, its been rather lax and "approximate".

We also are considering moving rehearsal dinner, but not sure yet. Depends on availability. Otherwise, getting ready to order my BM gifts!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Didn't do much this week. Had an appointment scheduled on Saturday with a DJ. We were supposed to meet him a small local radio station, but when we got there the doors were locked adn no matter how much we knocked no one showed up. I still need to call him back and figure out what happened. 

Starting putting together save the dates. We're doing ones with custom pictures, and what we've settled for requires a fair amount of photoshop skill. I got half of it finished. Need to take the actual picture for it still though and layer the pictures together so we can order them. 

Finished putting together our address book. Out of the 120 people we're inviting I think we're only short two addresses, which I can easy obtain with quick phone calls. 

Kks... what kind of appointment do you have in Geneva? Are you meeting with a vendor? That's where I live and were I'm getting married, but we're still in the early stages of planning and are still looking for good references and referrals as far as decent vendors in the area go.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm meeting with Lake Country Florist to sit down and plan out all flower arrangements.  Super excited for this, I'm bringing a ton of inspiration photos.  Also stopping at Ventosa Vineyards for lunch, and to pick up 100 wine corks for DIY projects.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Lake Country Florist is right down the street from my house! I was planning on making them my first stop when I start flower shopping. 

How are their arrangements? Do they come up with creative ideas and work with in season flowers? Are their prices decent? I've never purchased floral arrangements before, so I really have no idea what to expect the price of flowers to be.

Sorry for nagging! I feel like a huge deciding factor in picking vendors is what I can hear from other people and their experiences. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    You're not nagging!  These boards exist so we can share experiences.  When we first met (Susan I think), she said they like to know what your budget is, so they can work within your budget.  Purple hydrangeas and white roses are my staple flowers, the rest are fillers that I don't care too much about.  I can definitely tell you more after I meet with them on monday!
    Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards