Florida-North Florida

Pensacola wedding June 2011.. outdoor wedding/reception sites?

Hi,

Newly engaged and planning a June 2011 wedding in the Pensacola area. I was wondering if anyone had ever been to a wedding/reception at the Barkley House, or knew of another outdoor venue that wasn't the beach?

Any help would be appreciated! I'm from the Pensacola area, but planning the wedding from St. Pete. Not easy! :)

Re: Pensacola wedding June 2011.. outdoor wedding/reception sites?

• edited December 2011
    The Barkley house is pretty but they lady that you have to get in contact with is noteasily available and hard to contact, thats my experience.  Deluna's landing is nice and its part inside and outside with a pretty veeiw. The price didnt seem that bad from what i remember but i was looking for a winter wedding. I heard the Officer Club is really nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I are getting married next door to New World Landing in a courtyard from an office complex. Sounds weird, but it's really cute with a nice gazebo and is sort of garden-like. The man is charging us the cost of a charitable donation of the amount of our choosing (We'll probably do $50) and his only rules are that we clean up after ourselves and make a donation to that charity. Super cheap!

Also check out the Wharf at Palafox or something. really cute, overlooking water (a marina) but not beach. The courtyard we're getting married in is right across from that (which is also across from New World Landing).
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's what I was going to suggest Deluna's Landing. Their park rental isn't that expensive from what I can remember we were considering the actual building but it was too small for what we wanted and to rent the building was like 1000k. Palafox Wharf from pictures looks nice and I think it's a little over 1k to rent it as well. Also you can go to playpensacola website to see about renting some of the community parks they rent by the hour. Just an option. Congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • lifeizbeachylifeizbeachy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sander's Beach is recently re-opened after being re-built and it is beautiful now! It's right on the water but not a beach the outdoor area is grass and park like. 

Palafox Wharf is nice and across the street from the bay very nice view. 

We also looked at Tiger Point Golf Club in Navarre.

I heard DeLuna Landing is closing.  : ( 
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually having my reception at Sanders Beach but I know of two brides who have had their weddings/receptions there. The ceremony took place outside by the water and the reception took place inside. Very nice facility. Here are some pics.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I didnt know deluna's is closing, the wharf seems small to me, like maybe 80ppl. Dont trust what they say about the amount they can hold, like for a sit down dinner, if they say 200, that is packed hardly anyroom for ppl to get by and you have to ask if a dance floor can fit, if you are going to have a dance floor. My sis works at the angus and they tell a max amount of ppl but she says it just looks so cramped and the dance floor if they have one is tiny, so i kept that in mind
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.cakedaddycakes.com  you can also become a friend on facebook under Cake Daddy ! Thank you 
  • edited December 2011
    Hey There!

Right next to the Barclay house is the Lee House Bed & Breakfast, you can try checking them out online at http://www.leehousepensacola.com - Ask for Norma. She's great :)
  • joellen2004joellen2004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I am actually doing my wedding/reception at the Barkley house in March 2011.It is very beautiful there! The ceremony will be outside in the garden and the reception will be 1/2 in and 1/2 out!  The view is awesome and the house and garden are just great!  The price is very reasonable, compared to every where else in Pensacola! Go to historicpensacola.org they have the rental prices and information and other places in pensacola.  Congrats on your up and coming wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Joellen!  How far in advance did you book Barkley House?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards