June 2012 Weddings

What is it...

What is it about pregnancies and weddings that makes an individual or random vendor feel like they can ask you personal questions about it. I was on the phone with VP and this is the second time I've called in an order where they ask personal questions about my wedding. For example: Where is the wedding? What are your colors? Oh you're having a reception where?

Really? Unless it gets me a discount can I just check out please?! lol
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: What is it...

• As annoying as it can be, my guess is they are just trying to improve customer service by seeming like they are interested.
  • Maybe they are just trying to be nice....personable..... not sure why its a bad thing....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • they could also be wanting info to make more products that relate to colors, venues, etc
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • True true, I'm not sure if its because I'm trying to take care of things while I have a minute at work. Maybe I just need to call them after work so I have more time for questions like this.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-is-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f776c198-b784-4dca-9c41-621ba87eb7d1Post:8d25e006-2992-40fb-9089-8178ec96e035">Re: What is it...</a>:
    [QUOTE]True true, I'm not sure if its because I'm trying to take care of things while I have a minute at work. Maybe I just need to call them after work so I have more time for questions like this.
    Posted by Elizabeth80[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean.  There's a difference between making an important call about the wedding while at work and sitting there chatting about your wedding while at work, and you don't want people to think you're doing the latter.  If I have to call someone that I think will be chatty I usually go in the hall or a conference room or something to avoid this exact problem.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Exaclty! Now that I know this company is more personable like this I'll have to call them from a conference room or just leave it for after work.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_what-is-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f776c198-b784-4dca-9c41-621ba87eb7d1Post:4e54ebfb-e012-4242-a0df-f78e785729ec">Re: What is it...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is it... : I know what you mean.  There's a difference between making an important call about the wedding while at work and sitting there chatting about your wedding while at work, and you don't want people to think you're doing the latter.  If I have to call someone that I think will be chatty I usually go in the hall or a conference room or something to avoid this exact problem.
    Posted by michellep1[/QUOTE]
  • I work in sales and we're trained to ask more questions for cross sell opportunities and to make the consumer seem like we are friendly and personable. I hate that part of my job, and just gauge on peoples reactions. For instance if they were quick to order, I'm just friendly, but if they sound like they're not in a hurry, I would ask blanket questions to get them to talk more (ie: so, how's your wedding planning, it must be exciting!).
  • You could also just politely say "Hi, I'm in a rush and just wanted to make a quick call about my blah blah order while I'm here at work..." That way they know you're at work and hopefully wont ask you the questions that make you look like you're chatting. 

But I agree with you on people asking random questions. Total strangers that I buy wedding stuff from, or even people who just see me with my FI will start asking "where, when, oh how cool, blah blah." 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards