Ohio-Cleveland

Advice on Photography Budget

I need some advice on photographers and budget. For a July wedding with 45-50 people, we planned for approximately $2,000 for photography. I think we low balled that estimate.

Does anyone know of Cleveland-area photographers that are around that price (including album and rights)? I like the photo-journalistic style.

Thanks!

Re: Advice on Photography Budget

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try contacting Tami Musick Photography. I *think* her wedding packages are around $1500, but she will customize with what you want as well.

http://tamaramusick.wordpress.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • missmis99missmis99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Candid Expressions out of Elyria.  Our package is around 2,000.  Our biggest issue was that we wanted a DVD with copyright release.  Our package includes this.  This way we have access to all of our proofs and can take them anywhere to print them off.
    my read shelf:
    Robin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • leoraannaleoraanna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We pretty much had trouble finding 'basic' packages that were less than $1,200-$1,500 but they went way above that too! We are going to be in that range with 200 guests. I would say if you are comfortable with that and you like your photographer and think they will do a good job capturing the moments- go for it!

We are going with Cynthia's Custom Photography and we are pretty excited, she does a great job and doesn't just do the formal pictures, she is all about the candids.
    Nov 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fictional Couple
    Photobucket
    image 282 Invited
    image 198 Making the Party!
    image 56 Staying at home :(
    image 28 Slow-pokes
    RSVP Date: November 5, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SarahM2012SarahM2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I havent met with her yet but I really like Elizabeth Russel. She is about in your price range.  Here is the site:

http://www.elizabethphoto.com/
  • ille2010ille2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI...I think you're a little on the low end for your budget. Our photographer has customized packages according to your needs. She may be a little above your budget, but she's a great photographer and her photojournalistic style sounds like what you're looking for. Her name is Elizabeth Pruitt Photography www.elizabethpruittphoto.com or www.elizabethpruittphoto.com/blog.
  • sarah022287sarah022287 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the great names. I've found a few that I quite like and are in my budget!
  • Celeste548Celeste548 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at Babulski Productions (www.babulskiproductions.com), his rates were very reasonable for a friend's wedding in January, and he had the disk of photos to them February!
  • edited December 2011
    I would also look into Ken Love Photography located in Copley... he might be just what you are looking for and i your price range.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011

www.brendanthomasphotography.com

This is who we are using. She's great we we're allowed to custom pick parts of packages she already had set up. Basically if we didn't want something in one of the packages we removed it and reduced the package by that much. We also have all rights to print pictures and albums are included, as well.

• edited December 2011
    I used Riverfront Photography (www.riverfrontphotgraphy.com) out of cuyahoga falls for my wedding and was VERY pleased. It was helpful that they didn’t have any time limits, location limits or picture limits. They started with me at the salon! I think there packages started at 1500.00. My package was $2250 and I got all of my images on CD, a 10x10 custom album, all day coverage and a free engagement sitting! Oh, and they will travel anywhere for no additional cost.
  • MargeauxGMargeauxG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A photographer that will do a great job with a photojournalistic style ...
    www.jpalsaphotography.com/weddings

I totally overshot my dress budget and still wanted exceptional photographs.  Jeannette actually created a custom package for me within my $1000 price range that includes 6 hours of photography, a dvd and an album. 

Jeannette came highly recommended by a professional photographer that no longer does weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    have you booked a photographer yet? if not, you should check out jessica love photography....they're great, and shot our wedding last fall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards