Arizona-Phoenix

Dress Shops

I figured I'd ask this question here since it's difficult to determine from their websites...

What are some dress shops in the valley that have a decent selection of gowns around $500?  So far, I have been to I Do I Do, which I didn't like at all.  I've also been to Davids Bridal, I found a dress I really like, but I want to look a few more places just to be sure.

Any suggestions?
Anniversary

Re: Dress Shops

• edited December 2011
    I know some people don't like it, but I got my dress at Azteca and they have plenty of dresses for $500 and under.  I have personally had a wonderful experience there.  The owner is ALWAYS there and she has made sure I have been happy each time I have gone in.  I went shopping there with a friend for her dress and their dresses $500 and under are beautiful and there is usually a 10-15% off sale going on.  Good luck :)
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Once in a Life Tyme Bridal and the service was amazing.  They don't have apt times which I loved.  I was there for 3 hours when I found my dress and was so happy I wasn't kicked out by end of the first hour.  They also have sales on top of pricing their dresses lower.  I got my Maggie dress almost half off because of it!  Ask when Rebecca will be there because she was amazing and also the owner's sister...so she knows everything!
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress was under $500. I went to Uptown Bridal in Chandler. The customer service was fantastic.
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Almond Tree in North Phoenix is awesome!  Some of the dresses are used or retired samples purchased from boutiques, but many are new.  Since it's a consignment store, the inventory is constantly changing, and the service is absolutely amazing.  I really, really wished I had found my dress there because Pam was a pleasure to work with.  She actually told me NOT to buy from her on my first trip, and gave me a few recommendations for other stores as well as a ton of tips on what to look for in a dress.  She named different types of cuts and styles; talked about what features make a dress easy to alter; and gave me some pointers about judging quality. 

I ended up buying from Suzanne's Bridal, which has a little more of a rushed "feel" and was not quite as personalized as Almond Tree, but still a better service experience than David's or Azteca.  There's a large selection from multiple designers, so there are lots of pricing options.

• jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!  I actually went ahead and bought my dress from David's Bridal this weekend.  I just couldn't find anything that even came close to how much I liked the dress from them.

I've actually had a pleasant experience with them thus far.  I went to the one in Awhatukee and my consultant that helped me both times was Shannon (or Sharon?  I had a late night last night so I can't recall right now, LOL).  I was surprised actually that I didn't feel rushed or pressured to buy because of some previous reviews I've heard.  Not as personalized of an experience as it could have been I suppose (she was working with another bride at the same time) but I actually kind of liked it because I didn't feel like they were 'hovering'...I was able to talk the dresses over with my BM's without them saying 'you look great' in every dress just to make a sale.  Hopefully I'm as happy with their service once my dress comes in. *fingers crossed*
    Anniversary
  • erinkay81erinkay81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also just bought my dress from Almond Tree! BEST experience ever! I bought a brand new sample dress retailed at $1300 for $350. They were SO helpful there, never pushy, and had excellent ideas of how to stay down in budget (places to look for sashes, get earrings, etc). I brought my dress home today and will not need to go back until a month before my wedding for alterations. I am so happy!
    LOTS For Sale!! Update 7/6--> erinanddavewedding.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards