Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

ceremony/reception locations?

I'm looking for a venue to have both my wedding ceremony and reception at the same place. I have a hard time verbalizing the idea of the feel that I want at my wedding so I'm not so sure anyone could help. I'm looking for something more historic. I love anything with a victorian look or feel, but I'm not closed off to other options. I will do anything to avoid the average banquet hall or a hotel. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm having a max of 120 in attendance and can condense that quite a bit if need be. 

Ideas?

Re: ceremony/reception locations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like Benham's Grove would fit - http://www.ci.centerville.oh.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=486&Itemid=1866.

It's a very popular venue. Last September when I started looking, every saturday for this year was already booked.
    image 117 Invited
    image 92 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 2 Can't find the mailbox!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pattison Lodge in Amelia, Ohio would work great too. It does not have a historic feel but it is beautiful and the gazebo and lodge are perfect for us. I hope you find what you are looking for! As the other poster said, this one fills up quickly too!

http://parks.clermontcountyohio.gov/lodgepics.aspx
  • Options
    hcohen0222hcohen0222 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bell Event Centre! We're having our ceremony and reception there, so I am a little baised, however, it is gorgeous, and they have GREAT prices for Friday night weddings!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    186 invitedimage 153 are ready to party!image 33 are missing outimage
    RSVP date September 28
  • Options
    airair44airair44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure of your budget but try one of the museums. I know taft does weddings and the Cincinnati Museum Center.  You also might like the Glendale Lyceum.

I really loved the idea of using Krohn conservatory. Not really historic but definitely a different kind of venue. You have to rent all the tables, chairs, linens so it was a little out of our budget.  Along similar lines is Drees Pavilion.  You will probably have to spend the big bucks there though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I felt the exact same way as you did, and I fell in love with the Ault Park pavillion... it's definitely unique, and they can enclose the pavillion if it rains. I'm not having my ceremony there because we're doing it in a church, but there are lots of good places on the pavillion (or other places in the park, like the rose garden) for a ceremony. I know the dates book up fast, so call soon if you're interested! Good luck with everything :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glendale Lyceum! That is where I am having my reception - but I know they do ceremonies and receptions there as well. It's a historic building in Glendale, and it's GORGEOUS! You should check out their Facebook page, they post lots of pictures of their weddings on there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    French House.  It's stunning and you can have your ceremony either indoors our outside on the lawn. 
  • Options
    bmfleurbmfleur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wiedermann Hill Mansion in NKY, but it would require scaling down the guest list.
  • Options
    newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is at Music Hall downtown Cincinnati and it doesn't get more historic than that! I am having my ceremony in the foyer and the reception in the ballroom. I don't know what your budget is bc its not really cheap...
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! These are all great suggestions. I've looked at some of them and others I will look into more. Especially the Glendale Lyceum, that looks beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sarah,

Call the Kirkwood in Mason Ohio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the inn at oneonta
    That is the true season of love when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could have ever loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also sharon woods rents out the historical village which is really cool
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards