Wisconsin
Options

Dress Alterations in Madison- need recommendation

I just moved to Madison and need to find someone to alter my wedding dress.  Any recommendations for alterations in Madison???

Re: Dress Alterations in Madison- need recommendation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know any private seamstriss, but I would go to any of the bridal shops.
    I personally would start with Vera's.  They've been around a long time.
    That's where I got my dress. (hasn't come in yet) But they will be doing my alterations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://stabbinrags.com/default.aspx

My daughter had her dress altered by a woman in Middleton who works out of her home.  Calls it Patches and Pieces. Website above.  Good and reasonable.  Only negative is that she allows her dogs to be in her work area, so I brought my own sheet to put down for fittings.
  • Options
    badgerkellybadgerkelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom does alterations - she actually lives outside of Madison but works in Madison so together you could probably figure something out.

I think she's pretty good - she's making my dress :)
    If your interested I'd be happy to pass along her email and/or phone number.

She is very reasonable and truly does wonderful work. 
  • Options
    Strohm1106Strohm1106 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My furture sister-in-law's mother in law has abusiness that she runs out of her home. She does a fantastic job and I'd be more than happy to pass along her phone number if your interested! She works out of Waunakee.

• Options
    saranash6901saranash6901 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Altered States on the North side. I love their name but they also do a great job and the lady is very nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards