Canada-Ontario

Hotel Room Blocks - how does this work?

Just wondering if anyone has any advice or info about reserving blocks of hotel rooms for after the wedding.   I've never done this before and I want to sound like I know what I'm talking about when dealing with the hotels :)
TIA

Re: Hotel Room Blocks - how does this work?

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You would call a hotel in the area that you want and tell them you are having a wedding nearby their hotel on X date.  Ask what group rate they can give you if you book Y number of rooms.  Also make sure to find out what date the guests need to call to book by so you can include it on your invitation/website. 

Call around to a few places to see what rates they offer you and pick the best one!  If you end up getting a cheaper rate at a less-ideal hotel, you could always try calling back your #1 choice hotel and telling them the rate from the other place to see if they can price-match.  They might if they want your business.

Guests would have to call themselves to book the room under your group code or wedding name, by a certain date to get that rate that you secured.  After that, the unbooked rooms become available to the public and they aren't guaranteed for your guests and the rate is no longer guaranteed either.

Hope that helps.
  • edited December 2011
    that's great, thanks a lot for the info!
    :)
  • edited December 2011
    I once reserved a block of rooms for a business function and was amazed at how much they could lower the price by.

Tell them that you've looked elsewhere already and that they've offered X (make sure it's a feasible amount though!) and as the PP said, they might be able to price match.

We got a downtown TO hotel normally at 170 per night for 105. Amazing what they can do!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of hotels will throw in a free honeymoon suite for you if you book a certain number of rooms too. :)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The hotel we booked is giving us 50% off of the honeymoon suite with the bookings.  I also believe our parents get to stay free on the night of the wedding as well if we book all of our rooms (and we will) 

Shop around but remember that even the best deal isn't necessarily the best place for people to stay - you still want your guests to be comfortable.  Even if it is an extra $10-$20 a night at a much nicer hotel, people would far prefer to stay there than save the $10-$20.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards