Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Insulin Pump--where do I put it??

Hi!  I have type 1 diabetes and I wear an insulin pump.  Most of the time I put it in my pocket (if I have them).  If I don't have pockets, I tuck it in my bra in between the "girls".  I really don't want to do that wearing a wedding dress!  Anyone else out there have this issue?  Or know someone else that has had this issue?

I would love your ideas!  Thanks much.

Re: Insulin Pump--where do I put it??

• Options
    Thank you!  I need it attached to me, so I'll look into the garter and/or mic pack idea.  Those are great ideas!
  • Options
    A lot of wedding dresses these days have pockets.  What style of dress is your wedding dress?  Could you perhaps get a seamstress to add them?  (Would work with a fuller dress.)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    I would also have a pocket sewn into the lining of the dress.  It would be more secure and you wouldn't have to think about it.  So many wedding dressed are super thick and no one would be able to tell if it was on the side of your thigh (like where a normal pocket is).
  • Options
    I agree on the inner pocket idea. There was a girl I went to college with that had type 1 diabetes, and her costumes were always modified to carry her pump.
  • Options
    I agree with the inside pocket but what would you do if you need to bolus? I think you should see if you can get actual pockets added to your dress and have one of the pockets have a Velcro bottom. If you do that you can feed the pump into the pocket from the inside of your dress and still have access to it without having to fuss around with your dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards