May 2012 Weddings
Options

This figures.....

Well, my bachelorette party is a complete BUST.

My MOH and one BM planned it...sent out 30 something invites..because they knew most would RSVP no...instead EVERYONE RSVPed no.

So now what? Even the bridal party RSVPed no...and it looks like its just going to be me and my MOH.

Im so disappointed that the entire bridal party minus my MOH isnt going.
So much for doing everything for these girls. I am about 2 seconds from just returning everything i bought for them and calling it a day.

Sorry...i know i probably sound like a spoiled brat right now...but in all the weddings i have been a part of planning...and friends who got married...NEVER have i seen this happen.

Re: This figures.....

• Options
    Everyone said no? You have a right to be angry and upset. I would feel the same way, if I were having said party.  Ugh, I am sorry this happened. Maybe atleast your MOH and the one BM that planned it will do something with/for you anyway.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :(

Did the BMs give a reason for saying no?  I say you and your MOH should just go have fun and pay no attention to the rest of them.  Although it may not feel like a true bachelorette, at least you can enjoy and relax.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am sorry this happend. That really sucks.... I have been having disagreements with what I thought bridesmaids were supposed to do and what mine are willing to do. I know on the etiquette board I would get ripped apart for saying this. But the people you choose to stand up with you on your wedding day should want to support you and have fun. I hope it gets better for you.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Seems like you have been having a lot of trouble with these ladies the last few months and i'm really sorry you have to go through this....have you tried asking them what's wrong? It could be something you are doing or have done to make the upset....It seems crazy that they all would RSVP no. Try talking to these girls and get to the root of the issue. 

HTH

• Options
    That's crazy. Don't beat yourself up it's okay to be mad and upset about it. You could always go non traditional with it and invite aunts and your mom. I had a friend who really didn't have close girlfriends so she invited her mom and aunts and cousins. It was still really fun and super good bonding time for her. I know everyone's family is different but just giving you another option.
  • Options
    That is so frustrating. :( Just to clarify, you're the girl whose BMs were tring to make you travel to them for their party and all kinds of other sucky BM things, right?
    Why did all of your other (non BM) friends say no? Could you try to pick a date that's more convenient for a few others?

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aww man sorry to hear bout all the problems you've had to endure. Is it just the day that doesn't work with everyone's schedule? Cost? Location? I agree with PP, it's a little odd that everyone rsvp'd no. maybe talk to someone other than your MOH and get someone else's side of what's going on
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Did they say why they couldn't go?

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I have had a lot of issues with the BMs. They planned a cruise the week before the bachelorette and now say they have no money. The other 2 BMs said they also have no money but neither even paid for their dresses. My MIL paid for them. The bachelorette for the record was 45 bucks. If these girls are unwilling to pay 45 bucks I do not know what to say. It's for dinner... Not even like its being spent on me. Just rediculous In my opinion especially since I offered to drive them to where we were supposed to go. Honestly I have asked nothing of these girls... There should be no reason to be mad at me. Quite frankly throughout all this I've dealt with I have yet to go off on them but thinking maybe I need to.
  • Options
    Oh and no ones given me a reason why they RSVPed no. My moh already changed the date to accommodate people and they STILL said no. She's so upset too.
  • Options
    I say you and your MOH have a day of pampering.  Go get mani/pedis, have a delicious dinner, and go out for drinks and dancing.  I honestly have more fun when it's just me and one or two other girls anyway.  Then you can brag to everyone else what an awesome time you had!  Forget the haters and just try to enjoy yourself.
  • Options
    S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012

Wow! I'd be fumming...maybe it's time to consider a change? If you've truly asked them for nothing then this is crap - your wedding isn't the "end-all, be-all" but it is still important...they should atleast attempt an effort to participate (if it's not about the date). 
    ---maybe i'm just cold...

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_this-figures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:4f53c199-af77-4413-8272-7ab693a035daPost:febb7f08-d46a-4cc9-8899-337e10f4b638">Re: This figures.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww man sorry to hear bout all the problems you've had to endure. Is it just the day that doesn't work with everyone's schedule? Cost? Location? I agree with PP, it's a little odd that everyone rsvp'd no. maybe talk to someone other than your MOH and get someone else's side of what's going on
    Posted by ChocolateFlav17[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree. </div>
  • Options
    I would return everything you got them! From everything I've heard about them, you're better off just having a MOH and that is it. 
    I would go out on the town just you and MOH and get dressed up and have fun :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_this-figures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:4f53c199-af77-4413-8272-7ab693a035daPost:ce92ec6b-113e-4ec3-8e0f-cbb6aefe0596">Re: This figures.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would return everything you got them! From everything I've heard about them, you're better off just having a MOH and that is it.  I would go out on the town just you and MOH and get dressed up and have fun :)
    Posted by FutureMrsSheeler[/QUOTE]

<div>i agree. if it was me, as hard as it would be, i would return everything and just have your MOH. She seems to be the only one who cares and why have people stand next to you who could care less? </div>
  • Options
    mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_this-figures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:4f53c199-af77-4413-8272-7ab693a035daPost:ce92ec6b-113e-4ec3-8e0f-cbb6aefe0596">Re: This figures.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would return everything you got them! From everything I've heard about them, you're better off just having a MOH and that is it.  I would go out on the town just you and MOH and get dressed up and have fun :)
    Posted by FutureMrsSheeler[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I would not give them anything but a thank you card, at the most. Not only have they been unsupportive, they've been disrespectful.  I agree with pps about getting to the root of the issue; something is going on that they're not telling you.

And I also agree that you and your MOH should go pamper yourselves and relax; you've had a hard couple of months. I'm so sorry :(
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_this-figures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:4f53c199-af77-4413-8272-7ab693a035daPost:135566b5-9bde-46ed-9f9c-363cbe89c4d8">Re: This figures.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I say you and your MOH have a day of pampering.  Go get mani/pedis, have a delicious dinner, and go out for drinks and dancing.  I honestly have more fun when it's just me and one or two other girls anyway.  Then you can brag to everyone else what an awesome time you had!  Forget the haters and just try to enjoy yourself.
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

This! Just go with your MOH!! Then you and your MOH have bragging rights as to how much fun you had:)! It really sucks that these girls aren't wanting to do anything. I'm sorry you have had all this trouble. After all this you deserve a day of pampering anyway!! I would also return everything you got them.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    I agree go do something awesome with your MOH! Honestly if I had to pay $45 for a bachlorette party, I probably wouldnt go either..around here most bacholorette parties are just dinner and/or dancing...so its really up to the invidual what to pay, and being a student theres no way I could afford both a wedding, a shower, and a bachlorette party if they are all going to cost a lot and be in town. However it is strange that even the bridal party said no...and didnt offer anything they would rather do that they can afford as an alternative. Could you just make it dinner at red robins or something so its more affordable? Of course at this point you probably dont feel like changing plans again and I wouldnt hold it against you to go to a spa day with your mom and your moh!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    I can't begin to explain the disappointment especially in my 2 sister in laws whom I expected to be there. They didn't even purchase their dresses on their own... My bridal party isn't even throwing me a shower... My FMIL is... And my mother contributed but that's it... So if my fsils aren't doing the bachelorette, didn't buy the dress, aren't participating in the shower...and sit there while I work making out of town baskets and haven't helped me with anything what's the point of them even being in the wedding. They don't care... Plain and simple. Not to mention the 2 BMs in Boston have been no help as well
  • Options
    I can't begin to explain the disappointment especially in my 2 sister in laws whom I expected to be there. They didn't even purchase their dresses on their own... My bridal party isn't even throwing me a shower... My FMIL is... And my mother contributed but that's it... So if my fsils aren't doing the bachelorette, didn't buy the dress, aren't participating in the shower...and sit there while I work making out of town baskets and haven't helped me with anything what's the point of them even being in the wedding. They don't care... Plain and simple. Not to mention the 2 BMs in Boston have been no help as well
  • Options
    Ugh I am so sorry! While BMs are not required to throw parties in your honor or attend them it seems like if they are your friends they would be really excited to do those things for you! They definitely sound like they didn't want to be in your wedding but for some reason they said yes. 

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_this-figures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:4f53c199-af77-4413-8272-7ab693a035daPost:6666ab48-d69a-4aae-b842-d62a6c79d666">Re: This figures.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't begin to explain the disappointment especially in my 2 sister in laws whom I expected to be there. They didn't even purchase their dresses on their own... My bridal party isn't even throwing me a shower... My FMIL is... And my mother contributed but that's it... So if my fsils aren't doing the bachelorette, didn't buy the dress, aren't participating in the shower...and sit there while I work making out of town baskets and haven't helped me with anything what's the point of them even being in the wedding. They don't care... Plain and simple. Not to mention the 2 BMs in Boston have been no help as well
    Posted by XxKrazy4u[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned when you were talking about your invitations, I would not expect/anticipate/etc any kind of help from anyone besides who has been supporting you so far (your MOH, FMIL, etc). Just tell those other girls to show up on time lol.

And if you can return some of those gifts (b/c I think I remember you saying you got them a lot, right?), I'd seriously do it and use that money towards some of the wedding bills. OR use it to pamper yourself and your MOH.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards