August 2012 Weddings
Options

Murphy's Law

It's Murphy's Law week, apparently. FI injured his toe while climbing a waterfall a few days ago, bad enough that he might lose the nail. He's on his way here right now, a 17+ hour drive... and he just texted me to say that now he has an eye infection! Sigh. I'm hoping that he gets here in one piece, since apparently he's falling apart bit by bit!
As for me, my blisters are healing. But getting a pedicure when your big toe wounds are still healing stings like crazy!
Are you guys facing any last-minute Murphy's Law stuff? Or am I just a little cursed? :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Murphy's Law

• Options
    Haha I burned the top of my srm pretty bad last week at work and now i have a cold :( FI got two huge splinters in his hand and on turned into a blood blister....I feel like all i can do is laugh at this point...hopefully everyone else is less cursed then us four
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 121image #Invited
    108image # Are ready to party!
    6image # Are going to miss out!
    7image # Haven't responded!
    RSVP Date: May 30, 2012
  • Options
    Let's see.....   One of the groomsmen had to drop out on the Thursday before the wedding due to a medical emergency.  My son-in-law's grandfather died.  My oldest daughter the Matron of Honor sprained her ankle.  My youngest daughter the MOH almost broke her hand.  The groom lost his car keys and had to have his car towed.  The program attendant (my niece) had to go to the ED with a migraine.  It rained the day of the wedding and one of the wedding gifts (a crystal vase) got knocked over and shattered!    Despite all this.....it was the most beautiful wedding ever!!!  Perfect in every way!!   So don't fret....even Murphy's Law can't ruin true LOVE!!!
  • Options
    My bridesmaid's mom is very ill and if she gets worse my BM won't be in the wedding. I had to get a root canal one week before the wedding which is causing pain in my jaw and since they put me on antibiotics it's now caused a yeast infection. The best man planned his trip in such a way that he won't be returning until thursday (day before the wedding)  - so who knows how that's gonna work out since he hasn't picked up his tux yet and he's supposed to get it by 4pm on Thursday but should have been there to get it wednesday in case of any last minute alterations...  my mother burned her arm really bad with her flat iron and it looks DISGUSTING. All these meds I'm on and with my period due next week my face is breaking out. Hooray!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I got bit by a dog, my left hand was so swollen I didn't think I would get my rings on. The swelling has gone down, but side affects from anti biotic have been horrible. My future MIL had a stroke on 'Sunday so she will not be able to attend. Future step son(BM) is in the army and suppose to be here Thursday, we shall see. My daughter (MOH) is 8 1/2 months pregnant. And it is suppose to rain on Saturday. Other than that all is good.....Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Murphys Law was my Facebook status yesterday... All week I've had a parade of guests contact me to either say they aren't coming anymore or they would like a guest now, or even an extra guest in addition to their 1st guest! The groomsmen are supposed to go golfing Friday, but somehow I got dragged I to the planning of it all and then they cancelled it. My little toe got stubbed and the toe nail fell off. Last night I was trying to wrap a 24x36 poster frame and shattered the glass on it (thank goodness I ssinf cut myself cleaning it up!)! And the weather is looking like scattered showers for Saturday.... Sorry to hear murphys law is effecting so many of us... I thought it might just be me...
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel running and scrapped up my leg, now its full of bruises and marks. Oh well! At least my dress is long.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Got stung by a bee yesterday in my own bathroom. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    OMG! Its amazing to read all your posts, I don't feel so alone! Is mercy retrograde or something geez!! 2 nights ago, our kitten literally died in my arms after we had given her a flea bath, rubbed her chest and prayed to God and my grandma to please let this cat live, if my daughter got up the next morning and discovered ms wiskers gone, she would freak! So she lived through the night, we took her to the vet yesterday and he said she was SO INFESTED with fleas, they had sucked literally most of the blood from her body and she is severely anemic and said he was surprised she was alive still at how bad she was! So he gave her a steroid shot and gave us this special canned food for 'critical near death' pets, we came home and washed her with dawn and used this lice comb he had given her to get the fleas out..they were crawling out all over! It was awful and thank God Mom had picked up Cadance at daycare and was playing with her while we did this..This morning I had to bag up ALL of Cadances toys, book, stuffed animals, bedding in both beds, spray the house down with this flea killer and then have to bomb the house also! OK! WHEN do I have time?! Then I call Mom and she told me last night, she broke one of her toes and can barely walk! Not to mention, my seamstress was supposed to have our dresses ready last night to pick up and she called Mom and told her she was sick to death on Monday so she is behind..oh well, we will just pick them up tomorrow I guess...Tonight is rehearsal, the weather is showing thunderstorms on Friday so my dream gazebo wedding might have to be held in the reception hall! And of course I started my period yesterday which magnifies everything because of the PMS and cramping!!  HOLD ON LADIES! Mom told me this morning, quoting from my late grandmas words..THIS TOO SHALL PASS!
    Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards