New Hampshire
Options

reception issues

Hi ladies, does anyone know of a large reception venue that will allow outside catering or byo catering... I hate the food served at weddings and I would prefer to have my family restaurant cater. Is it possible for venues to allow this even if they say NO outside catering?

Re: reception issues

• Options
    If they say no outside catering, they mean it.  This means that the venue has an exclusive agreement with a caterer.  There are several venues that give you a choice of caterers, but they usually only let you use their preferred caterers.  My FSIL wanted her wedding catered by an Indian restaurant, but no venue would let her do this.  She finally found one that let her have the restaurant cater just he cocktail hour.  

Do you have access to a private house that has a large backyard.  You could rent tents and then do whatever you want.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    There are venues that will allow you to bring your own caterer, but they're usually along the lines of VFW halls, which aren't the most elegant of affairs, or parks where you'd also have to rent your own tent, chairs, tables, etc. Rentals for both necessary items and decor can get really pricey, though.

Tupelo Music Hall in Londonderry allows you to bring your own food (they advertise a kitchen for catering), so it's definitely something to consider; they also mention caterers though, so you'll need to ask if they allow outside caterers or if you're supposed to BYO food: http://www.tupelohalllondonderry.com/index.html

Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    The Londonderry Country Club is another option. They have a great hall and 2 suggested caterers to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards