West Virginia

Help!! Beckley area wedding ideas on a budget :)

I'm currently planning a wedding for August 11, 2012. I would like suggestions from everybody about basically everything! I'm trying tondo as many diy things that I can.. So if any of you have any ideas we can use, it'd be greatly appreciated! My wedding colors are hot pink, black, white, & I'm accenting with silver. Thank you!

Re: Help!! Beckley area wedding ideas on a budget :)

• edited December 2011
    Do you have a venue yet?  Are you planning to do indoor or outdoor?  My sis got married last August in that area, and her wedding was largely DIY, so I actually have some experience here.  She did a mad tea party theme for an outdoor wedding, and we made centerpieces out of glass chess sets and dollar store mugs that looked fabulous.  We also had little tarts that had "eat me" written on them for dessert.  Her ceremony was outdoors so we had it at the Glen Ferris Inn down near Fayetteville.  It was nice because they rented the venue by the hour so we did ceremony and reception both there and it only cost about $1000 for the site.
  • cmjc2010cmjc2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are looking at having our recpetion at the Raleigh County Convention Center. However, I love the thought of Tamarack, but it's just so pricey & you can get basically the same thing at the convention center. It'll more than likely be indoor, but that's also up in the air! I had everything planned and I didn't like where it was going, so I decided to start all over again.. :/ && that's a really great price! Fayetteville is pretty far from here though, so that could cause an issue.. I appreciate you suggesting it though! It's always great to have new ideas! Since her ceremony was outdoors, how did she decorate for it? Such as, pew markers, andy aisle decorations?
  • edited December 2011
    The courtyard where the ceremony was held didn't really need any decoration, since in august all the flowers in the garden were in full bloom, and there is a big fountain and gazebo as well.  We set up chairs for the guests and added very little in the way of decor for the ceremony since it was naturally so lovely already.  For the reception, which was indoor/outdoor, we decorated the indoor portion with the centerpieces I mentioned, and we also had parasols and paper painted fans around for guests who became too warm outside.  The parasols were decorated with flowers and ribbon in her wedding colors.  For favors we bought plastic champagne goblets and filled them with transluscent rocks in her wedding colors, as well as mints, cookies, and tea bags.  We set up tables in the outdoor portion that were laid out as though for a garden party, with tea sets and playing cards to match the alice in wonderland theme.
  • cmjc2010cmjc2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well the more you tell me about it, the more interesting it sounds! It's definitely something I'll need to check into! Everything here books up so fast & there's just not a lot here that will hold a good sized crowd.. I'm hoping they have a good website! Thanks so much for all your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards