June 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding day drink of choice?

Ok, so I am only asking this because I am a red wine drinker, (I drink beer occasionally but don't really like it, HATE hard liquor) and I just saw a picture that was taken on NYE at my FSIL house and my lips and teeth are SO PURPLE, and I only had three glasses over a three hour period.....  Just wondering what you all will be drinking the day/ night of if anything???  I will probably stick with mostly water, but would love to enjoy a glass of wine or three with FI that night!  I just don't want PURPLE teeth in my wedding pictures!!!!!  Laughing
image.

Re: Wedding day drink of choice?

• Options
    Champagne! Not just because it's a special occasion drink though. I actually drink champagne/prosseco/brut regularly when I do drink, so it won't be unusual. FI will be drinking bourbon neat, which is also his drink of choice. I wouldn't change what you drink just for your wedding (but I would rethink it if it made my teeth purple!
  • Options
    I'm normally a red wine drinker too, but will be avoiding it due to the teeth issue and also the fear of spilling on my dress!  I will be sticking with white wine (probably pinot grigio) and champagne :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I also would like to drink red wine but I have been forbidden to do so by FI and my family... I am quite a spiller. You think I'd be worried about my dress but every drink I've spilled in the last 3 years has SOMEHOW ended up on FI (no not on purpose I swear lol)! I don't want to drink liquor cause me and liquor usually do not end up well. I love beer, but I wanna drink a little classier on my wedding day. Maybe I can sneak a glass of the red after all.....

I hadn't thought about the teeth! Does it really tint them? I notice it will get my lips after awhile but I didn't think to look at my teeth ever!
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    I am sticking to non-alcoholic beverages. Not because I am against them or don't like them, but because my face and chest get REALLY RED!!! I may have one or two glasses of our spiked punch, but that won't be until later in the evening.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm a hard liquor kinda girl...lol... So I prob going to be drinking either a kamikaze, a sip or two of champagne (I don't really like it too much), or some other hard liquor. But no more then 2 or 3 because fi and I decided to not drink a lot that night, just cause we don't want to be drunk at our own wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I want to drink champagne, but our bar package, even though it's a full open bar, does not include champagne. I'm not sure what the extra cost is, but I don't know if it will be in our budget as our bar is already a lot per person. Otherwise, I'll probably go with beer even though the image of me drinking beer in my wedding dress doesn't sound very classy to me, haha!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    The girls and I will be having mimosa's in the morning while we're getting ready in our hotel suite. Once the cocktail hour starts, I'll probably be drinking my usual- Rum & Coke and then champagne. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love Champagne so I may have a mimosa in the morning and maybe champagne at the reception if I can get served :P
  • Options
    I will be drink white wine. That is pretty much all I drink. I love pino grigio.
  • Options
    Jean- I am a hard liquor girl too! :)
  • Options
    White Russians. It's my go-to drink at any wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wedding-day-drink-of-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:530381fe-a1f7-4823-96fe-fa579762081fPost:0edf16dc-eaf5-4cd4-b171-e79c83d51523">Re: Wedding day drink of choice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a Moscato girl and will be drinking it on my wedding day! LOVE it!
    Posted by SoSaysTara[/QUOTE]
    same here!!
  • Options
    Champagne mostly. That was my group of sorority sister's pre-going out drink of choice (along with a few shots). The morning of the wedding I'll probably wake up with a mimosa, or if I feel like I need something a little stronger maybe a screwdriver, and I'll have a glass of champagne while getting ready. Then at the reception I'll probably stick with champagne, but I might have a martini or something too.
  • Options
    Mimosa during the day, while getting ready and Chardonnay at night,  I love love Chardonnay.

Ever since I lost weight, I cannot drink hard liquor anymore, it doesn't take much for me to be tipsy anymore.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wedding-day-drink-of-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:530381fe-a1f7-4823-96fe-fa579762081fPost:0edf16dc-eaf5-4cd4-b171-e79c83d51523">Re: Wedding day drink of choice?</a>:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Moscato!! I alwayas have a huge bottle chilling in my fridge!! I will be making sure my venue has some Moscato just for me on hand!! ;)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love wine--mostly reds like shiraz and pinot noir. I'll be drinking wine, but after the professional photos are done. :)
  • Options
    Our signature drink is a margarita since we are doing mexican food.  Probably margaritas.  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I know that we have a champagne toast but I didn't see if it will be offered otherwise. If it is, I'll be having that. If not, then I will be drinking either water or white wine. If I have the extra money right before the wedding I'll buy some mimosa fixings for us when we're getting dressed. My one bridesmaid won't be 21 until 4 days after our wedding, but she's close enough and her mom will be there (and she won't be driving anywhere until after the reception).
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I LOVE red wine. I could not imagine not drinking red wine at my wedding. With that being said... I am super klutzy and always spill. At my friends wedding I had a beige color dress, 1st drink spilt all over my dress. FI keeps joking he is going to get me a sippy cup so I don't spill. I also tend to break things (glasses) so our champagne glasses are metal.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wedding-day-drink-of-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:530381fe-a1f7-4823-96fe-fa579762081fPost:0edf16dc-eaf5-4cd4-b171-e79c83d51523">Re: Wedding day drink of choice?</a>:

Me too!! We are doing a Moscato d' Asti for toasting :)
  • Options
    I will definitely be having a mimosa the morning of.  Then I'll only drink water until dinner where I'll have some white wine.  After dinner while dancing I may have a few mixed drinks but I'll try to also get some more water in there.

I mostly will be doing water because we leave for our HM the next day and I don't want to be dehydrated while dealing with flights and my FI who get migraines while flying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards