New Mexico
Options

Flowers??

Hello,

I am looking for a good florist in Albuquerque.  Does anybody have any recommendations? 

Re: Flowers??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im looking too :) I have an appointment Sat with Osuna nursery. Ill let you know how that goes. Also, I have heard Karl is good at Savon Flowers. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with  Nancy at Albuquerque Florist for the ceremony arangements and personal flowers and another women (who is making our 14 ft trees with hanging orchids for the reception) but I can't remember the name of her company. I think it is Edit: Signature Sweets. Her work is amazing. She is super creative. I am getting married in 30 days, so I will be able to write out a full review.Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    scullisculli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Savon flowers is good and their prices are very reasonable.  I've heard hit or miss with their customer service but they were very pleasant to me. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Melbas! They are wonderful there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard really good things about both Savon and People's flowers.  I was going to check out Manning, but I think they're a lot more expensive.
    August 2011 Board Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration Photobucket My Planning Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Manning does an awesome job, but he is way way expensive!!! He quoted me 1200.00 for 40 calla lilies!! Osuna was decent, they probably arrange nice flowers, but have only been doing weddings for 1 year and dont have many pics to show.. I am going to try Savon next :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're using the flowershop on nob hill... i'm really excited and the guy who does them, john, has amazing ideas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved the Flower Shop at Nob Hill! He and his wife were great, but it was a lot over my budget.

Albuquerque Florist came in under my budget and could do every single thing that I wanted, including a huge, lush, extravagant piece for the sweetheart table. When I initially interviewed them almost a year ago, I doubted they would do nice arrangements just because of the price, but everyone from my wedding planner to the hotel planner said they did great work, so I went with them.

Worst case scenario, the flowers aren't *exactly* what I want, but who's going to know the difference except me?

(Plus, on the initial consultation, they showed us a sample centerpiece filled with all the flowers they would use and let us take it home for free!!!)
  • Options
    xtina01xtina01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  Thanks for the tips everybody!  Hopefully I will find something that works ASAP.  I have mostly been trying to work with local independing florists that sorta do it out of their homes...I think I may try Savon for sure and maybe check out a few of your other recommendations! 

Thanks for the help
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info I am going to try albuquerque florist, the sound great. I had a consultation with Sonrisa Blooms, its on 4th. I really liked the owner, shes sweet and basically finished my sentences (in a good way.) She knew exactly what i wanted. The only reason I am hesitant is because my wedding is the day before mothers day and she sounded like she had some hesitation since shes usually busy with mothers day.
  • Options
    ozarka020ozarka020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a regular on this board anymore, our wedding was in October 2009, but I like to snoop around here and give my input once in a while. 
    We used Savon and were very happy.

Ps - I'm working on deleting my siggy; it's super-annoying there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards