New York-Long Island
Options

Wedding Insurance

KissHi Ladies!

Been thinking more and more about wedding insurance.  Initially, we didn't think it was something we wanted to purchase but a few recent events have made us realize we would have had some serious problems if the wedding were closer and we didn't have it.

Has anyone got a reasonably priced vendor with good coverage?  Anyone we should avoid like the plague?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Re: Wedding Insurance

• Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    you can contact the company that writes your homeowners insurance. they may be able to write you a policy or add on coverage to your existing.
    what exactly are you looking to cover though?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I'll check into that.  Primarily looking to cover the need for us to cancel at the last minute due to severe illness or death of a family member.  Shouldn't be any other issues.
  • Options
    auntie44auntie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are numerous insurers online - just Google "wedding insurance."  Be advised that policies are written on a state-by-state basis, so be sure to locate an insurer in your location.  By looking online you can get a great idea about what's available and the cost.  Smart move!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Auntie!  I'm going to have my fiance check with his insurance company and I'm checkin with mine.  I also see Traveler's does it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards