New York-Long Island

reception places

Hey everyone,

I'm starting my search slowly looking at places online to get ideas of where to have my wedding.  we are looking to have a fall wedding in 2012.  im taking things slow by looking but i'm also so busy by working full time and going back for my masters. We have a budget of about $30,000 and only looking to have the max 100 people.  i will be having the cermony and the reception in the same place.  does anyone have an great ideas of where to check out?
Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: reception places

• edited December 2011
    Take a look at www.liweddings.com for ideas.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011
    Giorgio's in Baiitng Hollow! Beautiful! Getting married there in June:-)
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    what part of the island are you interested in? dh and i had our reception at the harbor club in huntington. wonderful place-excellent service, only one event at a time (huge for us) and there's a gorgeous waterfront deck outside where you can have your ceremony.

• marcosynereamarcosynerea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have a look at Land's End www.landsendwedding.com
    We are getting married there in August, the place is great and not too big: we have a 80-guest wedding, but they can accommodate at least 250 people.
  • smileyglensmileyglen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of booking my wedding reception at Sand Castle in Franklin Square. I went to see it and I fell in love with that place. Does anyone know if the food is any good? The menu look pretty good too.
  • auntie44auntie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out The Thatched Cottage on the North Shore.  They are listed on LIweddings.com.

If you decide to book with them, contact me at kvanbell@optonline.net.  Offering a $4,500 credit/discount on any deposit made with the Cottage.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    i had my prom at the sand castle. 
    Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ren6121ren6121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GO FOR WESTBURY MANOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    The Meadow Club of port jefferson! I saw it when i was younger we were just driving by and i told my mom thats where im getting married... now 10 years later i went to a friends wedding there and it was the first place i looked at when i got engaged
  • edited December 2011
    Getting married at Sandcastle. Had a tasting and the food was incredible as well as the service.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards