Hawaii

Which name do I use?

I am trying to get logos made for my fiance and I for our wedding. However, I can not decide what name to use. My first name is Lillian and my middle is Alyssa. I usually go by Alyssa with all new acquaintences, friends, work, and most of my family. However, around some of my family I go by Lillian because I was named after their mom, my grandma. My fiances name also starts with an A and I just thought that because I'm known as Alyssa to most people, the monogram A&A would look good together. However, I don't want to hurt the feelings of my family who calls me by my grandmas name.  I know thats shallow but I'm considering all options. I am apprehensive of using both names because I think that would seem odd because my fiance is only using his first name. What would you do?

Re: Which name do I use?

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think whatever you go by makes the most sense. If your family calls you Lillian but knows that you go by Alyssa, they'll get it.

My friend's first name is Elisabeth but she goes by Thea. No one calls her Elisabeth except her parents, and I've got a hunch that if she were getting married she'd use Thea.
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Go with whatever makes you happy...as Brea said people will get it. HTH! J. :-)

• tiggy5555tiggy5555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree! Alyssa is what you go by and they will totally understand :) Now I have my question answered about your personal email address lol. I sent you the info on Dan yesterday as well.....take care! TTYL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
  • TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with what you feel most comfortable with! My husband has one first name and two middle names and has gone by all at some point in his life. For our programs, monogram, etc. he used the most common one and in the ceremony went by his legal first name.

a+k

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    What does your FI call you? I'd go with whatever you use with him.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the advice, girls! I decided I want to use Alyssa after all. I think my family will understand as they know I've been puzzled by this for a few weeks. Also, my fiance has always called me Alyssa and I just identify more with that name.
    And tiggy, yeah I always confuse people with my email address. I need to just pick one and stick with it and be done with it. lol. Thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards