Texas-San Antonio

Photography Shoppe

Hello has anyone heard of The Photography Shoppe? Received a mailer, price looked good. Photos were good. A little concerned that 1. couldn't find anything online other than the vendor's website 2. website does not have address and 3. vendor has pics from all over the country. Just wanted to find out cause, like everyone else, I am trying to get the most bang for my buck w/o getting hosed.

Thanks!

Re: Photography Shoppe

• edited December 2011
    i've never heard of them, but check out azini photography. their prices are pretty reasonable. i would look at her blog, there are more pictures.

http://www.aziniphotography.com/flashweb.html
  • edited December 2011
    Look at Photography by Sandra Hernandez! Call ger for pricing and let her know what it is  you want gor your special day :) web.mac.com/srh2002
  • edited December 2011

Yes, I have heard of Photography Shoppe. The first time I heard of the company was at the Bridal Fair on June 13th. I picked up their flyer and made an appointment to meet with them again a week later so we could sit down and discuss more of what I was looking for. 

What caught my eye was the beautiful portraits they had at their booths, as well as their attractive books and friendly photographer. I met with the "main" guy at Starbucks. I thought it was weird that I was not invited to their studio but I soon learned that they are based in Austin and travel through out Texas for shoots. I looked through their albums once more and learned they were not the same ones from the Bridal Fair. These albums were plain and had blank spots all over the pages. Not only that, the pages were falling apart. He assured us that would not hapen that a client had accidentely ripped the page, but my fiance and I thought the company would show its best work, not torn books.

The photographer asked what we were looking for and went over the packages again. After this, we asked him about a certain album we wanted (we wanted the album book that looks like it has a metallic finish). He told us he had never done this before but would be willing to try. I did not want to be the one he tested on. We also asked him what we could do about all the white spots in the books, he said he could make sure there were no white spots, but of course that was all extra. When we asked how much, he said he couldn't tell us because it was based on how long it took him to do it. My fiance and I were not willing to book and not know how much our bill would come to.

We also learned that the company has several photographers in Austin and we would be assigned a photographer on the day of our first shoot. Of course we could talk to him over the phone but we wouldn't meet him until our engagement session, bridal session, or wedding day, whichever came first. The photographer there assured us the main photographer would be someone who had been with the company for a few years, but we didn't like knowing our photographers work beforehand.

Lastly, the photographer we met with had a bridal shoot after our appointment, nothing out of the ordinary, however, he informed my fiance and I that the company decides what time your photos are taken. The bride he was shooting that day was at 4-5 in the afternoon in over 100 degree weather. I asked if we wanted to book if we can make it early around 10-11, so its not so hot, and he told us no. That they preferred later in the afternoon. I didn't like this as I get hot real easy, but that may not be a deal breaker for everyone.

I hope this helps. If you have any specific questions I will try to help as much as I can.

Good luck on finding a photographer!

Kim.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks sooooo much! I had a gut feeling about this. I'm sorry it wasn't a great appointment. Good luck! I have my fingers crossed for both of us :)
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Jonathan Ivy Photography

Great photographers and photos!
    A Wedding Fanatic! -favorite tents: Jacqueline Chapelle- www.jacquelinechapelle.com -favorite photographer: Jonathan Ivy Photo- www.jonathanivyphoto.com
  • jessicanorenejessicanorene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about them, and as a photographer myself, it breaks my heart that a company has policies like what was mentioned above, because I think it makes for a very nervous bride, and this is the last thing you want to worry about on your wedding day!
    Ladies, please make sure you get a photography company you feel comfortable with!!! I'm not going to do a shameless plug for my own business here - I just want to make sure you guys know we're not all like that, I promise!!
  • intendtomarryintendtomarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't found anyone I liked Limelight; the pricing was great especially the unlimited; but they are very great guys and friendly - I liked them,
  • edited December 2011

These people are the WORST! totally unethical business practices.

Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001
  • brideinsatbrideinsat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    krquesada and tinygoliathso who did you end up using? I'm shopping right now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards