Ohio-Columbus
Options

After much searching...

I have to thank you ladies for offering me such great ideas for possible reception sites and encouraging me not to give up hope...an just when I quit looking to hard WE FOUND IT. We are going to have our reception at a gorgeous rustic lakeside lodge. It is beautiful! If you want to see it go to www.brushlakerental.com there aren'tmany photos, but you will get the idea.  Josh and I could not be happier with the spot, and they will let us do all of our own food and alcohol!  Whew! We also found our chuch. we will be getting married just 2 doors down from my FMIL, so I can get ready at her home and just walk down the street! It's all kinda coming together.

Now I'm going to ask you ladies about photographers...How much is too much to pay?  I'm not really sure what I want or how many prints, or should I just ask for digital files so I can make my own as I need them??  Thank you again for all of your help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: After much searching...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely get the rights to your pictures, so you can print what you want and you can get it for cheaper. You have to decide the price range that you want to pay. We wanted to stay on the low end but still wanted great pictures. 

We went with Picture Perfect Potraits, they provided 2 photographers and 2 videographers for fairly cheap about 1800. My friend went with Azar photography and she loved them and they are fairly cheap, sorry I don't know the exact amount! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Azar Photography, $1400 for 7 hours, 1 photographer, all the rights to the pics.  You can get a second photographer (which I believe is his wife) for I think an additional $300. 
  • Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks lovely, congratulations!

I haven't finalized my photog yet but I'm hoping to stay around $1,500. From what I've seen that is on the low end but I don't need an elaborate package, just someone who will understand what we want and provide some nice photographs to help us remember our day.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You venue looks gorgeous! Let's hear some more about it! How did you find it? I can't believe I never stumbled upon this gem when I was doing my searching. It looks awesome and very rustic! Looking forward to hearing more.

Regarding photography, I booked Azar Photography last night and I feel great about my choice! He gives you soooooooo much for a much, much lower price than many other photogs I spoke to.

Here's the run down:

He only has one package: Basic Package $1400
    1. Up to  7 hours of wedding day coverage (Additional hour of wedding day coverage  $ 80 )
    2.  Multiple location
    3.  Unlimited image capture
    4.  All “Digital Negatives” on high resolution DVD for safe keeping and printing.
    5.  Color editing of all images
    6.  Copyright release
    7.  Website hosting of images available for 1 year for viewing and ordering (password protected)
    8.  Prints:
                     1- 11x14
                     4- 8x10
                    40-5x7

Engagement session is $250

Albums are all under $250, will the smaller albums being under $100. They are still the same quality as the photogs that are charging close to $1,000 for a small album.

Good luck! There are lots of great photogs out there--some of the best ones you only find out about by word of mouth.

You might also check out Lindsey Scholz. I loved her pics and she had very reasonable prices, but she was booked on my date.
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is fabulous!  I can't believe I have never heard of it either!  I am so happy you didn't settle and were able to find exactly what you wanted.

I am working with Melee Photography.  Their work is awesome, and I can't really complain about their prices.  For around $2000 you get:
    -unlimited hours on your wedding day (seriously, they told me they would go with me to get my nails done at 6:30 am if I wanted them to)
    -2 photographers
    -engagement session
    -unlimited pictures (we took over 500 at our e-session alone!)
    -rights to all of your edited files
    -media display at your reception so grandma can see all of the pictures they have taken during the day (they set up a plasma tv and pass around 2 ipads). 

PLUS they attend the rehearsal so they can determine the best angles, know exactly where you are standing, set up their light filters appropriately, etc.

I will warn you though: they are a growing company so they are a little slow to return emails.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats on the venue - gorgeous! sounds like your plans are really coming together! isn't that just the best feeling?!

my photographer is the lovely and talented kelly maughan. she's awesomesauce. adorable. talented. amazing editing skills. she is my favorite vendor!

http://www.kellymaughan.com/index.htm
  • Options
    casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Melee Photography. I think they're prices have gone up though because my package is $2000 like PP, but I think the main package now is $2400.

I think the biggest thing is to get the rights to your pictures. That will definitely save you money in the long run!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I almost went with Melee, but couldn't justify their pricing for prints and albums. A 5x5 album is $1,000 and it just goes up from there. They're really great guys though and really nice. I just wanted to be able to get more for my money.
  • Options
    KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Azar. I met with him and hired him the same day. His pictures are the exact style we wanted, and his prices were far better than many others. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Basby Photography; the photographer is a friend of FI's best man and is familiar with the area we're getting married (eastern OH & Wheeling).  We wanted some different options than what he typically offers, so we're getting the package below for $1500 including travel to our wedding site.

-1 hour engagement shoot in Columbus
    -8 hours day of the wedding
    - All photos edited on CDs and printing rights to all photos (originals and edited photos)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards