Rhode Island

Hotel Block Question

Hey ladies.  I'm getting married next July in Newport and have started to think about hotel blocks for guests.  I'm familiar with the night minimums and the cost of rooms in that area but I was wondering how far in advance I should set up the room blocks.  I think we'll probably do one hotel in Newport and one in Middletown.  Any advice would be much appreciated!  TIA!

Re: Hotel Block Question

• umasskdomeumasskdome member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I set up my room blocks a year in advance.  One in Newport - Hyatt; and two in Middletown - Residence Inn and Courtyard.  I was happy I set up the Hyatt room block when I did because I was informed two weeks later that they were already "closed" for room blocks.  This may be because my wedding is on a holiday weekend.  

My advice would be - you have nothing to lose doing it early....
  • BellaBride29BellaBride29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I wasn't sure if hotels would let me book this early so that is helpful.  You must be excited, your wedding is so close!
  • lizr7313lizr7313 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would book now.  I'm getting married next July also and one of the hotels I contacted is already "closed" for blocks. 
  • edited December 2011
    I would set up a block as early as the venue allows. The venues give the best rate to the first person who sets up a block at the hotel plus like the others said above they get closed out pretty quickly. A couple of hotels made us wait until the one year mark to arrange the block.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards