New York-Upstate

Cheap but good DJ in Albany/Saratoga Area?

My FI & I are getting married at Longfellows in Saratoga Springs next summer. We're looking for a good DJ!

We are debating between just setting up our itunes and playing it but it be nice not to worry about it if we could find someone!

Anybody have any good recommendations?

Thanks for your help :)

Re: Cheap but good DJ in Albany/Saratoga Area?

• MissyCeeMissyCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kenny Casanova. I used him for my wedding back in September and he was amazing!  Both my family and DH's family all kept telling us how much they liked him and the music was perfect and so much fun. We had people dancing all night up having a blast. He also can bring props and goodies (glow sticks and fun stuff) He played everything we wanted him to and kept everyone moving. I can't recommend him highly enough. He also was the least expensive dj we found.

His website looks a little crazy, but he was very professional and fun to work with!

http://www.kennycasanova.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! His starting price is AMAZING. I'll definately have to contact him! :) Thanks again!
  • burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Setting up a ipod is an insane way and terrible way to even think about at your wedding.....the entertainment makes or breaks the entire wedding and of all the ipod weddings I have been to - about 3 in all they have all been the most boring uninteresting terrible receptions I have ever attended.
    Not only is trying this yourself cheap it also cheapens your wedding..you cannot program atmosphere by programming songs and we - Brides and Grooms are not experienced DJs, MC's or sound engineers - do not do it!
    Burt and Cheryl
  • carolburnettcarolburnett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! I was looking every place for a DJ !
    October 2011 Siggy Challenge: Fave thing about Spring/Baseball Team red sox nation Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NadiaKahnNadiaKahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used Kenny Casanova! We agree he was a lot of fun and also at a great price. He had a great start price and lots of options to customize the wedding so we got and only paid for just what we wanted. In the end, we added three packages and he was still about 30% cheaper than the other four DJs we had contacted.

He was really easy to work with, super laid back and understanding and very accomodating. He is out of Troy or Albany, NY area I think. We highly recommended him!   

518-506-3305 and  www.thedjservice.com
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_cheap-but-good-dj-albanysaratoga-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:124Discussion:9f26801a-bbc9-4a3a-959a-d21d656df4c2Post:7f0d9995-2938-47c2-bd22-da0d34e33b9f">Re: Cheap but good DJ in Albany/Saratoga Area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kenny Casanova. I used him for my wedding back in September and he was amazing!  Both my family and DH's family all kept telling us how much they liked him and the music was perfect and so much fun. We had people dancing all night up having a blast. He also can bring props and goodies (glow sticks and fun stuff) He played everything we wanted him to and kept everyone moving. I can't recommend him highly enough. He also was the least expensive dj we found. His website looks a little crazy, but he was very professional and fun to work with! <a href="http://www.kennycasanova.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.kennycasanova.com/</a>
    Posted by MissyCee[/QUOTE]

Thank You so much for this! I booked him for our OCT wedding :)
    October 2011 Siggy Challenge: Fave thing about Spring/Baseball Team red sox nation Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards