Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Anyone been to Mark Stevens Salon in Des Moines?

Has anyone ever been to this salon - Mark Stevens Salon? It's on Ingersoll in Des Moines. I was just curious. It's an Aveda concept salon....whatever that means. I like Aveda and this salon seems a little cheaper.

Re: Anyone been to Mark Stevens Salon in Des Moines?

• Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been there, I don't think I've even heard of it, but if you want an Aveda salon there is one on the south side. Trixies, I talked about it before with the makeup thread. They only sale Aveda items.
    www.trixiessalon.com

HTH
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been there, but didn't like it as much as Serenity at Valley West.  But, maybe it was just the gal I had.  I had to go back to have her fix what she messed up.  I love Aveda salons as well, but this one didn't necessarily impress me.  But, give it a shot you might have a better experience, especially if it's cheaper. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually was a regular at this salon for about a year and a half.  My regular girl was going to be out for maternity leave and so my appointment was schedule with the owner (I believe).  I got an awful haircut.  Not only that, but I felt as though he rushed the entire time, not even using product or a proper blow dry.   If "fitting me in" was going to be such an inconvenience, I would have rather rescheduled...wasn't given the option.  

That was my last time at that salon.  I since moved to the Sage Tree in Altoona (closer to where I live anyways)...but haven't particularly been happy with my past few haircuts from my stylist there.  

I then tried the Aveda Institute in West Des Moines.  I got an okay haircut...but I know that you can go back within a specific time period if you're unhappy and they will fix it for free.  

I need another haircut soon...I'm open for ideas....still love Aveda salons, just need to find an awesome salon & stylist....any suggestions ladies?? Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards