Kentucky-Louisville

Venue Help, Need to accomodate 300+ and bring in own caterer.....

My friend is planning her wedding for next October and is running into a huge snag with the venues in Louisville.  All the ones she's found that are nice and will accomodate her guests, won't allow her to use the caterer she wants (Smokey Bones).  I've racked my brain for ideas, but all the ones I come up with are too small.  Anyone have any ideas on where to direct her?  TIA.

Re: Venue Help, Need to accomodate 300+ and bring in own caterer.....

• FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Mellwood. They have a few different rooms to choose from and I'm pretty sure at least one of them can accommodate that size.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • tigger9922tigger9922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, she checked them out and loved it, but they already have her date booked for next year, so its either move the date, or find another venue (or caterer which is what I think she should do, lol).   
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Too bad that Mellwood won't work.  They have three rooms and they're all full?  Wow. 

Also try with the UAW hall on Fern Valley and 65.  I don't know how many it accomodates though. 

• ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about that new place in Tom Sawyer park?  It's called Sawyer Hayes Center.  I'm not sure how much it is, but I think 300 would be do-able and they allow outside catering.  You have to have a licensed bartender though if you're looking to booze.  I know they are going to do some more upgrades this winter, although the space looks really nice without them already!
  • tigger9922tigger9922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Tom Sawyers wedding flyer says max is 250 seated at tables, but we should probably check to see if any additional space is available or if they plan to add to it before next Oct.  Thanks ladies. 

• Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked out Tom Sawyer when we were thinking about getting married here and 250 would be pushing it. It's a pretty small room, so I'm afriad 300 would be out of the question. They just built the building, so I doubt there would be any additions. Also, they only had two dates open back in May when I emailed them.

Check out Kaden Tower. I'm not sure what their limit is. Another poster mentioned Anchorage ballroom to me as well. I don't know their capacity, but it's worth a try.

Other than those, your best bet would be to look at community centers or look slightly outside of Louisville. If I think of anything I came across, I'll let you know.
  • edited December 2011
    Also look into Gingerwoods event hall, they allow any licensed caterer and it is a beautiful space for both ceremony and reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Bowman field.  They have an air craft hanger they converted into an event hall.  It's huge and you can bring in your own caterer and venders.  I've gone to one wedding reception there and it was really neat:
    http://www.louisvilleexecutive.com/LEASpecialEvents.html
  • kysnowbirdkysnowbird member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Clifton Center, which has a pretty exterior for photos. Also, I went to a wedding at the Nunnlea House that was catered by Mark's Feed Store and it was awesome. Not sure if they'd have enough indoor space for 300, but you could also try an outdoor space somewhere.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • faeriechyldfaeriechyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Frazier Museum would accommodate that many, and they may let you bring in Smokey Bones.  They have an approved caterer list,  but from what Sarah told us, they just have to check out the caterer to get it on the list.
  • SMS1110SMS1110 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I am about a month late  - but Saint Michael's Greek Orthodox church's hall seats over 300 and you can use your own caterer

sorry I am late
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards