Mississippi

Dunleith Plantation

My wedding is next September and I'm trying to decide on the perfect venue for an outside wedding.  I believe I'm really interested in a Plantation Type wedding, and was wondering about venues in Mississippi and Louisiana.  I've been looking at Dunleith Plantation in Natchez, Ms and was wondering if anyone has good reviews about them.  Also I was wondering about pricing, it seemed like it might have been expensive but I haven't spoken with to them yet.  If anyone can help or suggest any other venues I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks

Re: Dunleith Plantation

• LuciLuv06LuciLuv06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Dunleith is one of the more popular ones.  I'm planning on having mine at Monmouth.  So far, the staff at Monmouth has been nice and the grounds were beautiful.  There are many plantations in the Natchez area - you should be able to find one that suits your style. 
  • tgaulden03tgaulden03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered Monmouth first, I was just trying to get other people's views of plantations in Natchez.  Do you know any of the details as far as price goes.  I contacted them when I first started planning and they faxed me a few things but I have yet to actually visit the grounds.  My wedding is pretty far off but  I would like to pick the venue as soon as possible so I wont have to reschedule my date.
  • staceychipstaceychip member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married at Dunleith in March 2011. I also first considered Monmouth but they were really poor about responding to my calls or emails - in fact, I'm still waiting on a phone call about the open bar.  With regards to Dunleith, so far I've had a good experience with the lady in charge, Lyn.  She's very prompt with responses and very knowledgable.  I would definitely recommend visiting Natchez before choosing your venue - the small town feel is so worth a few trips out there.  And everyone knows everyone in town so it makes planning a wedding so much easier.

• edited December 2011
    I am from Natchez so I have been to a lot of weddings at Dunleith! ITS BEAUTIFUL but it can be expensive. I would also recommend coming to town, there are some other homes in the area that are just as beatiful and cheaper.
  • tgaulden03tgaulden03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from wilkinson county so I am familiar with natchez.  I know all about small towns, and I have priced the menu online for dunleith.  If anyone could tell me about other venues in natchez that are a little below the price range of dunleith and monmouth I would appreciate it.  The venue itself is beautiful but I am looking at a large wedding list and would probably pay more on food than I was planning on paying for the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards