Colorado
Options

Mt. Vernon Event Center...need your reviews

We are looking at using Mt. Vernon Event Center in Golden for our wedding next summer. We would love some reviews on the place if you used them or know of people who have.  It was a beautiful place and I hope theres nothing bad about them.

Thanks.

Re: Mt. Vernon Event Center...need your reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you talking about Mt Vernon Country Club
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just went to a wedding there.  It was nice.  The outside didn't have speakers, so I couldn't hear any of the ceremony. 

Food was great.

DJ--ummm wasn't that great....didn't know how to get people to dance...played weird music. 

overall...I liked it!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    flippinsweetflippinsweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just went on a site visit 2 weeks ago... here were my concerns...  The main ballroom deck overlooks the pool... your ceremony is prob. going to be at 6 or so?  the pool does not close till 8pm. They have "quiet swim" during your ceremony where they close the diving board and slide but I wasn't sold.  The ballroom below the main one has a gorgous deck, until you figure out that your ceremony is on the other side of the wall from a dumpster.  Glad we visited in the summer time - it was pretty stinky.  The views are pretty, convenient for Guests, the rooms are a bit dated and they didn't seem overly-accomodating to let you in early to decorate, but the catering manager was very nice and helpful.  Receptions would prob be good, ceremony is questionable?  Best of luck and I hope you find your dream venue. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards