Military Brides
Options

sabor arch

We've recently found out that the honor guard at the base my fiance is currently stationed (and about 2 miles from our venue) no longer does saber arch's because of a decline in interest.  Does anyone have recomendations for where we might be able to access the swords for the wedding?  Our bridal party is almost all military with the exception of the grooms brother, so we're good on that end.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: sabor arch

• Options
    How come they don't have their own swords? We didn't have a military wedding so I have no personal experience with it.
  • Options

None of our guys had their own swords.  They all have been deployed 4+ times in the last 10 years so none of them got theirs.  They are super expensive and they don't use/wear them much anyway.  Hell only one guy has mess dress. 

I know this will make some cringe but I found replicas that were not very much per sword and that is what we used.  H did get them approved by whoever needed to (can't remember who right this moment).  I belive there are also places you can rent them as well. 

I had a very hard time.  I even work at a university with an ROTC department and they do not have swords to use. 

Good luck!

• Options
    It might be a good idea to get in touch with a chaplain at the base nearest to you. Even if the honor guard will not perform the arch for you (it's perfectly reasonable for them to not want to do this), a chaplain can usually help you put in a request to obtain sabers. Just keep in mind that you need to be set in how many enlisted members and officers you'll have performing the arch when you go to request the sabers. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    The guys who did our saber arch borrowed then from the ROTC unit at the school they graduated from. So maybe look into that if there is one near you!
  • Options
    H has his own sword (was his wedding gift), but borrowed the rest from the base. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    My guy will have his own sword (law school graduation present), and I believe most of our military guests have their own.  But when FI was in a wedding recently (he doesn't have his yet), he borrowed it from his OSO since he's inactive ready reserves and that's his chain of command.  Perhaps ask around his unit to see if anyone has swords you can borrow?

Anniversary

• Options
    Thank you ladies!  We're going to follow up with his University's as well as the local ROTC and see if that pans out. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards