Hawaii
Options

Man, are we dead or what?

What's new ladies? Why are we so quiet these days?

For my part, work has been insane! We've had so much drama, it's ridiculous. Inter-personal issues with teachers, students revealing random and startling surprises... man. It's been nuts. I cannot wait to get out of here this Sunday! I'm heading back to Ottawa for Christmas, having a cooking/blogging day with a friend and chilling with my family. It will be the best two weeks ever.

Okay, maybe with the exception of the wedding weeks!

Did I mention that we'd settled on islands and hotels/condos for next summer? I'll be on Kauai from August 1-8 (Whaler's Cove and Kauai Grand Hyatt) and Maui 9-15 (Back at the Kahana Village - LOVE that place)!

Re: Man, are we dead or what?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ooh, lucky! Island hopping girl! I am so jealous of all the teachers getting a break! DH is a teachers assistant so he gets the next two weeks off starting on Thursday. I hope he is planning on cooking dinner and doing laundry with all his free time ;)

This is our busiest season yet! (I'm a baker) I have been a cake-making machine for the last two weeks and it is not letting up! I can't believe how busy we are but I really love it.

I have just a few more TY cards to do, then its on to the Christmas cards. Tomorrow I have to bake at home (yes, I really love it!) and finish Christmas shopping so I can mail it all to my family on Thursday. I am sort of sad excited for Christmas - sad because it's my first one away from family but excited for new traditions. *Hopefully* I will not get scheduled to work (newlywed advantage? please??!). DH's family does a brunch and then plays music together afterwards. Last night FIL gave me an ukulele and said I have to learn a bunch of songs by then so I can play with everyone. omg! I have some serious learning to do!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, a sing-a-long?!? I love it! What a great tradition. I have yet to spend Christmas away from my family (one of the advantages of the ILs living on a different continent), but I know it's only a matter of time before I have to suck it up and do it. It's just not as big a thing to Phil's family, so I can't even vaguely imagne being enthuiastic with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes!  We're dead around here... where is everyone?  I guess busy with the holidays, and we had a few December weddings with active posters including Brittana...

I flew home from NY last night -- it's nice to be in CA!  Currently sitting on the couch with my dog curled against my leg....hard to be happier.  FI gets home on Sunday, so from then on, life will be 'complete' until we get back on planes in January.

And OMG so much wedding stuff to do over the holidays.  March is coming up so fast!
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think all the boards are busy with the holidays coming up...it's a bummer!

I'm kinda of in a stand still with wedding planning.  I have working non-stop for 4 months now.  I got really sick and was in the hospital last week and I've just been lazy ever since now!  I hope that after the holidays that I can get back into gear because I'm starting to freak out.  I keep asking my family to figure out where we're staying...but no one wants to commit to a place yet or rather just say let's keep looking.  I told my parents we have to book a place by the new year, I don't want to take a chance.  I just need to get motivated again.  Especially with my work out plan.  I gained 5 pounds back eating crap food as comfort food when I was sick! ewwwww.

As for the holidays, we have split them between our families for this will be the third.  The first one, he just went to my family's.  It's super hard juggling the day back and forth!  It's nice to get time alone with FI while driving though.

• Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes, it's hard to get started this week!  I blame the holidays, I personally let Christmas sneak up on me so now I am trying to do some online shopping but it is turning out to be frustrating since everyone charges so much more for shipping to Alaska.  I mean, when I go to the post office, I see the same rates for everyone - why are you trying to screw me with the shipping?   Argh! 

Nothing really new here, we are getting 75-100mph winds right now.  It's awful!  I am really thinking we are going to lose half of the fence in our backyard, and we have already lost a ton of shingles on our shed.  It seems like our weather cycles just do this, we get a little snow and everything looks pretty and then the stupid winds have to come.  I am tired of wind!

Otherwise, I am getting more connected with my coordinator and photographer and I am really, really excited about working with both of them.  Until now our wedding has been so far off that we just booked out vendors and I have been putting stuff together myself.  Now that I am actually talking a lot more with my coordinator I am SO happy we got her.  There are so many things that I didn't even think about that she is going to handle for us.  I can't wait to just show up at our wedding and not have to worry about anything!  Plus, I love my 'dream team' of vendors - 202 days! 

Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been so stressed out the last few weeks with what to do with my business.  I need to get new clients and quit my part time job. My pt job has caused me so much stress and I can't take it anymore especially with how little they are paying me.  I have to work 3 hours for them vs. 1 hour for one of my clients so I REALLY need new clients.

Wedding-wise we're at 90 days!!  We just need to get book a condo and the coordinator is handling the rest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been really busy with work. Lots of children going to adoption committee and being matched with families. And the holidays. Our social calendar has been non-stop.  I love it, but I'm already exhausted and still have more than a week more of events every single night to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards