Tennessee
Options

Knoxville, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg

Sooo my parents just informed me that they have decided they cannot afford to pay for the more elegant and sophisticated wedding for 125 that FI and I had been planning for a few months. It's a fairly long story and I don't particularly want to get into all of it on here but the point is that FI and I now have to change our wedding plans drastically. We really need to reduce the cost of our wedding and find a place to have the wedding and reception. We need to try to keep the whole thing probably under $5,000 for catering, venue, etc. All of the flowers are taken care of (my uncle is doing them as a wedding gift) but we need to find a venue that's affordable but still pretty and classy. I'm open to doing a chapel wedding in Gatlinburg or something but we will probably have at least 100 people in attendance. Any ideas of chapels or venues or ways to pull off this wedding would be extremely helpful! Thanks!

Re: Knoxville, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg

• Options
    jlegga1jlegga1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh, and my parents live in Sevierville and I live in Knoxville so anything in the Knoxville, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, or even Maryville area would work. Thanks!
  • Options
    BronwynHBronwynH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One place that I've looked at that I love is called The Barn Event Center in Townsend. It is gorgeous and can seat up to 200 people. It's also pretty affordable -- you should be able to keep it under $5,000. Here is the link to their website: http://www.thebarneventcenter.com/
  • Options
    sombrasombra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Club LeConte in Knoxville would work. Its a private club on the 26th floor in downtown Knoxville with awesome views and are fantastic to work with.
  • Options
    leogirl13leogirl13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your looking to save money stay away from places that are "wedding" venues. Check local parks (Concord park in Farragut and Melton Hill Park in Hardin Valley are both very pretty), theaters, art museums, or The knoxville zoo.

Some other places to try might be the sunsphear, the foundry, L&M station, The Orangery, The Radisson, Rothchilds,or Middlebrook gardens. You could also try to find one of the upscale houses on Northshore or Lyon's View for rent.A friend of mine did this and it was beautiful but they had to carry thier own insurance which was pretty pricey.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I am a former "Knotty" (married 6 years)  =)
    Anyway, I am a wedding planner in the Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area and I was just wondering if you have found a venue yet? I have been doing wedding for 12 years and I can help you have your dream wedding on a budget. Call me when you have a chance. Thanks  =)

< /><  Deidra McGill
    865-719-0214
    or my office at 1-800-891-1832

PS if you want to send me your email addy, I can send you a check list and when yo send it back I can give you a quote  Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hi this message is actually for deidra, my fi and i are from OH and PA and are getting married next september 15th in the Knoxville, Sevierville Gatlinburg area.  We booked our cabins with Oak Haven Cabins for ourselves and our bridal party but we still dont have somewhere to get married lol there are just tooooo many places.  We really want photography to be a big part because we are getting married away from home and want to be able to share our big day through photos once we get home.  Any suggestions on a great place (nothing cheesy) that has a nice photographer?
  • Options
    katbikekatbike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For anyone looking for a place in Knoxville, We are getting married at the Laurel Theater in August. 

They don't specifically advertise as a "wedding venue" but I have been to several beautiful weddings there. It's perfect for a wedding around 150 ppl! 

However a fall wedding is out of the question there due to UT football. 

They have table and chairs. And the main area is easy to switch over from ceremony seating to tables for dinner. 

They also have a baby grand and a small stage! 

I would also recommend Magpies Bakery!!!! So tastey! 

As well as the restaurant Savelli's! So affordable and good!!! 

Good luck! 

Our wedding is right around 7000. And looking back there are alot of places we could have trimmed back to get it down to 5000! 

If you have any questions let me know! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    katbikekatbike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also for photography I suggest Dixie Pixel! 

Everything I've seen from them has been awesome!

I wish we could afford them for our wedding! :(
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards