Moms and Maids
Options

mother gift

My FI Mom is seriously the best person I know. She helped us get our house, has helped me do internal and external rennovations, and is now helping out with the wedding.  I do not come from a family who has money and I also have 3 sisters, so my parents cant help out much so she has taken over and has been like a second mom to me.  Anyway, I really want to get her something amazing and I need some idas.

Re: mother gift

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A spa service, like a massage, or even a spa package that my include a massage, facial, or other treatment. Lots of women don't take time to paper themselves so giving them a reason to is always a nice thought.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Something that you can do with her is sweet.  It shows that you value her friendship.  Another option is one of the digital frames loaded with all of your wedding photos.  I am getting one for Mother's Day (it slipped but I'm pretending I didn't hear it) and I am VERY excited.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ditto the spa gift certificate or a gift card. It is always nice to be pampered and most mom's don't get that often enough.
  • Options
    tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you got her a pair of classic earrings?  Look for a pair that are very good quality silver or gold and that have a hinge back.  She'll be able to wear them all of the time.  Whenever anyone asks about them, she'll be able to say " My daughter in law got them for me."  Fancy earrings tend to only get worn 2 or 3 times a year.  GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Mom was wonderful with our wedding planning (we were married on 4-24-10 :) ), and she also paid for our entire wedding, which was GREATLY appreciated. My husband and I bought her a pair of 1/2 carat tw diamond studs that we found on overstock.com for a great price! The quality was great, and she loved them. They cost $300, but that was at least $500 less than buying them in a jewelry store. We also bought the parents really nice digital frames (on sale, and then using bed,bath,and beyond 20% off coupons)- we plan to send them  memory cards with all the wedding pics loaded on them to use with the frames.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  I think I'm going to use the fancy earring idea.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards