July 2013 Weddings
Options

Vent: Job Applications

As you know, FH and I just moved to Maryland. I've started working on job hunting and have been able to find lots of positions to apply for. Yay! (this was NOT the case in Michigan) But, I have to vent about this one particular applictaion. First of all, I've already been working on it for TWO HOURS, the thing is EIGHT pages long! So, I get to the end, and think I am nearly done when I find that they have EIGHT MORE essay questions I have to answer. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I have never, in the two years of job hunting that I have done, come across an applictaion that is so intense and ridiculous at the same time. When I saw the essay questions I had to take a break. I nearly lost my mind and felt tears coming on. Ugh. End Vent. 

How is everyone else's Tuesday going?? 

Re: Vent: Job Applications

• Options
    That sounds like one crazy intensive application. I don't think I have ever seen applications that have included mutliple essay questions. Good Luck with all your applications!
  • Options
    Whaatt???!! Do you have to give hair and blood samples too?? Lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I've come across one or two applications for federal jobs that are like that, but still! Intense! The worst is when it's really long and then it turns out it was on a timer and your session has timed out by the end.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_vent-job-applications?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:f151cf71-1c84-45e2-8356-4afa6db7e0e0Post:8469b1d6-8b64-4ba4-9051-cb786220dd6c">Re:Vent: Job Applications</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whaatt???!! Do you have to give hair and blood samples too?? Lol
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ha! This made me laugh, I needed that! They didn't ask for them now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for them later! :) </div><div>
    </div><div>FINALLY after 4.5 hours of working on that application, it's done and off into e-mail land. Let's hope I hear something after all that work. 

</div>
  • Options
    Blah! I'm applying for jobs right now too, but so far it's all been resume and cover letter type applications with maybe a few multiple choice questions or something. Nothing too over the top. I'm sick of it though, and it's only been a couple of weeks so far!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    I had some of those when I was applying for teaching jobs.  After a while, they all started asking the same questions, so I would save my answers and recycle :)
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_vent-job-applications?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:f151cf71-1c84-45e2-8356-4afa6db7e0e0Post:c17948a4-534f-4e74-a606-67f2d73fbf18">Re: Vent: Job Applications</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had some of those when I was applying for teaching jobs.  After a while, they all started asking the same questions, so I would save my answers and recycle :)
    Posted by emmyroo[/QUOTE]

That's what Ive always done..granted Ive never had to fill out multiple choice apps but the majority of the ones online makes it easy to copy, paste, rinse, repeat :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have answers to most of the standard questions, but this was for a private Christian school so most of the questions were brand spanking new to me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards