Military Brides

Wedding talk!

Let's talk weddings!

What are/were your favorite wedding detail?. It could be your dress, centerpieces, venue, etc! Post pictures if you have them!
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wedding talk!

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ACK!  Everything!  Haha... oh man... okay, you'd have to stalk my bio since I'm at work and don't have the pics here to upload.  But my venue is one of my all time favorite things, and we got such a deal on it!  Next would be our caterer, who makes the most amazingly delicious food and presents it so well.  It's going to be stunning! 

And, you know, I'm kind of obsessed with my dress.  Just a bit...

Anniversary

• LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My favorites were our venue. We had our reception at an aquarium!

Here is a picture of us in front of the penguins!

I also loved our colors on the table and our favors were animal crackers to match the zoo!

Our cookie/candy table was amazing. We gave the zoo the supplies and they made it beautiful!

Last but not least, I loved the wall we took pictures in front of. I can't take credit for that though!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My favorite is my dress (in siggy) I just ordered it last Friday and it is seriously my dream dress. I saw it online on the Maggie Sottero website and knew it would probably be the one. It was the first dress I tried on and nothing else compared to it. I love it!
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Hike: You wed in front of penguins?! How cool!!!!!!! 

I have yet to figure out my favorite thing, I loved how the entire thing came out. 

I'm in love with our venue, ceremony site in siggy but here's a couple more: 

The long aisle what really what got me with this venue!

The ballroom: 

Programs: 

My boquet and other floral arrangements: 

Okay, that's enough AW. There are a ton more things to share, but pics are in my bio. I do love how I incorporated my culture with the wedding details too, from our invites, favors and even to our centerpieces/boquet. We had little things we used that were made in my country. 
  • edited December 2011
    Lets hike & Kara!!! I love your venues! That is what I think FI and I are most excited about. We are having the ceremony at one of 2 churches (both amazing) the first option is the Nat. Shrine of our Lady of Prompt Succor. it is the Ursuline convents church at their current school in NOLA (which is where I went to school form 2 yrs old through high-school). You can only get married there if you have an affiliation with the order or graduated from the school. My parents also were married there and it's where I went to mass almost every week for eons as well as wher eI had half of my graduation, first communion, and other events through my life. It was my only stipulation to a wedding.

Pics here:http://www.neworleanschurches.com/promptsuc/promptsuc.htm

That is the most likely of the 2 but the other is that we could get married at the old convent in the quarter. It is the same order, but they don't usually allow weddings there, so we are trying to get permission.

pics:http://www.neworleanschurches.com/stmaryitalian/ursulchap.htm

Then the Reception is my work haha - so in case I don't spend enough time there already. We want to have it in the new building at the Nat. WWII Museum (the freedom pavilion). I work on boats and aircraft and since the FI has been flying since high school and a lot of his family also fly army it seemed amazingly appropriate and a good contrast to our traditional ceremony which I really wanted, but at the same time I wanted something that was more us for the reception. There aren't any pictures yet though since the building wont be completed for a while. The  room will look a lot like their Louisiana pavilion though.

pics: http://www.nationalww2museum.org/rentals/louisiana-memorial-pavilion.html

those are our only 2 needs. We feel like everything else could just not exist in comparisons. I'm sure I will love my dress (zim's yours looks amazing) but since I haven't picked it out I currently have no feelings :)
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress. I need to get pictures of. I tried on one and it was THE dress. I love our colors. venue. date. all of it :] 

I guess its a good thing I love the groom
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards