Rhode Island

Open Bar

What would you say a good price for an open bar is?  I should add for a Friday night wedding....

Re: Open Bar

• edited December 2011
    I am having a Friday wedding at the Regatta and for a full open bar it's a $30 per person deposit.  They actually base it on consumption so at the end of the night you may owe more or you might be getting a check back if you didn't spend it all.  For open beer, wine, and signature cocktail it's a $25 pp deposit.
  • MM5678MM5678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did they offer a flat fee open bar?  When I went, if I remember corretly they said it was $38pp..... now i'm questionging if I misunderstood her though.
  • kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had an open bar through our caterer and had $15.50 per person......
  • MM5678MM5678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kath and Dave - Where did you getmarried?
  • edited December 2011
    Unless they changed it I am pretty sure its a deposit per person.  I also haven't discussed the bar with Melanie since the summer so it might have changed.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is $23.50 pp for full open bar....I think it's for 4.5 hours, might have to bump it up to 5!
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • MM5678MM5678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK, thanks Amylydia23.... and I hope I'm not completely bugging you with all these questions.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_open-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:7e4b7432-5b94-4f5e-a3fa-a9300d461e22Post:cec7e777-8c7a-4599-b6b7-0ba6d5d29b73">Re: Open Bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kath and Dave - Where did you getmarried?
    Posted by MM5678[/QUOTE]

We had our reception on the North Lawn @ Fort Adams. Russell Moring was our caterer so we had quite a wide range of open bar prices...we initially were going with an $18.50 option but the week before the wedding we switched due to lack of $$$$$. They served for 4.5 hours which was perfect for our reception was 5 hours and we had to shut the bar down 30 minutes prior to the end, Fort Adam rules.
  • edited December 2011
    MM- You aren't bugging me at all, I'm happy to help!
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    I believe we are paying 18.50 for open bar (premium) I know the next level up was 21$ pp...for 5 hrs.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    the prices that are pp are for the eniter 43.5 - 5 hours? not per person per hour?
    edited December 2011
    Per person
  • edited December 2011
    I think ours was $17 per person for the entire time.  We had 100 guests, but several under-21 guests and a few recovering AAers, so we knocked the open bar down to just the 80ish people who would be taking advantage of it.  We paid $3 per person for the entire time for the remaining 20ish to get soda, juice, water, etc.  Ask your caterer, this can same money!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards