• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Rhode Island

Open Bar

What would you say a good price for an open bar is?  I should add for a Friday night wedding....

Re: Open Bar

• edited December 2011
    I am having a Friday wedding at the Regatta and for a full open bar it's a $30 per person deposit.  They actually base it on consumption so at the end of the night you may owe more or you might be getting a check back if you didn't spend it all.  For open beer, wine, and signature cocktail it's a $25 pp deposit.
  • MM5678MM5678 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Did they offer a flat fee open bar?  When I went, if I remember corretly they said it was $38pp..... now i'm questionging if I misunderstood her though.
  • kathanddavekathanddave member
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I had an open bar through our caterer and had $15.50 per person......
  • MM5678MM5678 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Kath and Dave - Where did you getmarried?
  • edited December 2011
    Unless they changed it I am pretty sure its a deposit per person.  I also haven't discussed the bar with Melanie since the summer so it might have changed.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is $23.50 pp for full open bar....I think it's for 4.5 hours, might have to bump it up to 5!
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location image image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MM5678MM5678 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    OK, thanks Amylydia23.... and I hope I'm not completely bugging you with all these questions.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_open-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:7e4b7432-5b94-4f5e-a3fa-a9300d461e22Post:cec7e777-8c7a-4599-b6b7-0ba6d5d29b73">Re: Open Bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kath and Dave - Where did you getmarried?
    Posted by MM5678[/QUOTE]

We had our reception on the North Lawn @ Fort Adams. Russell Moring was our caterer so we had quite a wide range of open bar prices...we initially were going with an $18.50 option but the week before the wedding we switched due to lack of $$$$$. They served for 4.5 hours which was perfect for our reception was 5 hours and we had to shut the bar down 30 minutes prior to the end, Fort Adam rules.
  • edited December 2011
    MM- You aren't bugging me at all, I'm happy to help!
  • i2012doi2012do member
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I believe we are paying 18.50 for open bar (premium) I know the next level up was 21$ pp...for 5 hrs.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    the prices that are pp are for the eniter 43.5 - 5 hours? not per person per hour?
    edited December 2011
    Per person
  • edited December 2011
    I think ours was $17 per person for the entire time.  We had 100 guests, but several under-21 guests and a few recovering AAers, so we knocked the open bar down to just the 80ish people who would be taking advantage of it.  We paid $3 per person for the entire time for the remaining 20ish to get soda, juice, water, etc.  Ask your caterer, this can same money!
    [URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/x/xkvjwsiyh.png[/IMG][/URL]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards