March 2012 Weddings
Options

Should I?

I have been struggling to get my something blue and something borrowed. My mom is finding me something borrowed, hopefully the sixpence from my grandma's shoe from 60+ years ago. I still need something blue. I saw somewhere else where a bride sewed her wedding date in blue thread in the hem of her wedding dress. Like it or no? I figured if I try and sell my dress (a fabulous Mori Lee, but I only paid $99 on ebay) I can just snip it out. I put blue rhinestones on my garter, but I doubt they will make it under my hot dress and I don't really want to wear my garter for hours.

Re: Should I?

• Options
    I'm thinking of doing the same.  I have no idea what the old, borrowed, or blue will be (I am chock full of new!).

I may use some hair pins with rhinestones in them - they're my mom's, and she wore them in her hair when she was in a wedding when she was 9.  So that could be the borrowed and old.

I think you should do it.  :)
  • Options
    You can do the date thing, or just wear your garter for the ceremony, not the reception.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    I'm using a button with blue rhinestones sewn onto my pill box hat
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My toenails will be blue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Should I?:[QUOTE]My toenails will be blue. Posted by KelaRenee[/QUOTE]

I love this idea. Nice and simple and it's your blue. I'm having the same problem with the whole blue thing
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have having all my bridesmaids sign the bottoms of my shoes in blue marker

• Options

I love the bridesmaids idea!! The ribbon on my bouquet charm will be a light blue color- the bouquet charm has a picture from my grandparents on their wedding day almost 60 years ago!

I really do like the date in your dress though. I wanted to do something like that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love the date idea! I had a good amount of blue, I bought the blue 'I do' for the bottom of my heels, my garter had a blue flower on it, and my panties had blue on them as well.

There are ton's of ways to incorporate it. I do like the toe polish idea!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards