Texas-San Antonio
Options

Who are your vendors?

I live in Austin but am originally from S.A, but FI and I arent able to go to S.A. all the time to meet with a bunch of vendors. We're most likely going to get married at Hoffmann Ranch which does inhouse catering.
 I would like to see who you all are using for...
Cakes
Photography
DJ
Florist
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Who are your vendors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Beware of the Hoffman Ranch. They kept 1000 dollars of my deposit and refused to send me a contract.
  • Options
    eltraaeltraa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh wow, good to know. Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Bluefire photography--- Kristen Blue is amazing. He package prices are on her site. She has by far the best value and her pics are AMAZING.

Venue- Hotel Contessa

• Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cakes: Seventh Heaven (seventhheavencakes.com) She is doing our cake from a drawing that I did myself and her website shows a ton of her work. I liked her cake very much at the tasting and she's very personable as well.

Photography: FACES by Jessica (facesbyjessica.com) She will custom make a package for you depending on your budget and when we had our consultation, I noticed that her albums are very high quality but her prices aren't outrageous. I love her style of photography.

DJ-Holtz Entertainment (holtzentertainment.com) Great package for the price, great set up (I saw them at a bridal show)

Floris- Haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning to DeVinnie's Paradise. We had a consultation and her portfolio looked amazing.
  • Options
    kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Hofmann Ranch in September.  It's gorgeous.  There isn't a contract, but if you ask you can get everything in writing - I asked for clarification about a few things via e-mail and saved them just in case.  Our friends are getting married there in July and neither of us have had any problems.  Charlotte and Hans are particular about their venue (which makes sense because it's their livelihood and home), but if you know in advance and play by their rules they are very nice and accomodating.   

We are using Phenom Photography, The Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery, Papparazzo Photobooth, Texas Entertainment DJ Christian, and Fresh Urban Flowers - Brooke Harris.  All of our vendors are very nice and we haven't had major problems with any of them.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A contract is a must in this industry. Emails will not hold up in court, should something happen. It protects them, and you from the things that might occur. Without a contract, they basically could act like you never booked with them. There is nothing wrong with the people who are running it. They are nice folks. They just have no wedding experience and they are running a business without the proper legal protections that should be in every business. Also, if you need wedding insurance, which is why we asked for the contract in the first place, they will not insure you without it.

It was my mistake to give them money without a contract. I misunderstood when I booked them, and thought they would email a contract to sign. When I asked them for it, they told me to write my own... and I cut my losses.

Hopefully they will learn before it is too late, and some family leaves massive damage to the place, because without a contract, they will be SOL.
  • Options
    birdy29birdy29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Lost Mission, and having the reception there -- it is really awesome! The place has that Texas feel without going overboard (yes, there are steer on the property, but saddles and boots aren't everywhere...)
    Our caterer is Absolutely Delicious -- they were really friendly and had lots of variety. Also, they were reasonable for what we needed (250 people!)
    Events by Reese is doing the lighting, floral and decor -- they were reasonable, too, and worked out two proposals: one at the bottom of my budget and one at the top -- we ended up meeting in the middle.
    I'm looking for a photographer now, but leaning towards Daniel W. Torres...they had great pricing, were really personable, and I loved their work!
    Cake -- Creations Cakes in Pleasanton -- that cake IS THE BEST CAKE I'VE EVER TASTED. Even my father, who really could care less for cake, was impressed. They are reasonable and really, really friendly. And they are generous with samples...mmm...
    Good luck to you!
  • Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Venue: Gardens at Cranesbury View or Garden Heights Chapel & and Country Cottage, depending on the feel you are looking for.
    Cake: Cakes n More or Creation Cakes
    Photography: Raw Images Photography or Jason Connel
    DJ: Love, love love, Cutting Edge
    Florist: Budget Bridal Or Eden's Echo
  • Options
    BukiaBukia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Venue: Dominion Country Club (which is surprisingly more affordable than people think!) Cake: Bettyjane's Bakeshoppe (newer vendor with beautifully designed cakes) Photography: Bend The Light Photography (amazing girl team and a recent Knot pick!) Florist: Eden's Echo (Erin is down to earth, affordable, and a flower decor genius; also a recent knot pick!) DJ: Platinum Entertainment (Brandon is extremely professional) Hair: Harmoni Salon (nice little salon. caters to every single hair type both male and female) Makeup: Melody from Sephora at La Cantera (a master at the new home airbrush system sold at Sephora) Also if you are looking for a tailor for your dress, go to Van at Bridal perfect fit and casual tailoring on Wurzbach. She is very knowledgeable and did a great job on my dress. Her prices are very reasonable as well. Hope this helps ladies ; )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    StringMusic.net just played a wedding at the Hoffman Ranch last night.  It was beautiful and everyone enjoyed the music.  I will be happy to give you a quote for a string quartet, string trio, duo, solo violin or any group that you want. (www.stringmusic.net)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Vendors can not post in here duannehamby. Violation of the rules.
  • Options
    txcyclisttxcyclist member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My vendors are:

Venue - Canyon Springs Golf Club
    Florist - DeVinnie's Paradise - Irma is a doll and I love her vision
    DJ - Future Sounds
    Cake - Creations Cakes - all of the samples I tasted were awesome and her prices can't be beat
    Photographer - Dos Kiwis - Dane and Gogo are wonderful - I can't wait to work with them

GL - I hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Almost forgot my caterer...

Caterer:  Zio's Italian Kitchen
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards