New Hampshire
Options

Hi! I'm a newbie

Hello Ladies!
My name is Kristalyn and I have just started to plan my wedding. My fiance Chris and I got engaged this past August on a spur of the moment weekend trip to Kennebunkport/Ogunquit..which apparently he had been planning the whole time :) We have been together almost 2 years and actually met through E-harmony. I never imagined actually meeting my future husband through an online dating site and was actually dead-set against joining, until a friend of mine convinced me to just try it for a month. We met up at Starbucks in Nashua and the rest is history. I am planning a June 2012 wedding. I have been tirelessly searching venues since September. Trying to find the right space for the right price and amount of people has not been easy . So today we went on our first venue tour. We went to the Shattuck Golf Club in Jaffery, Nh. I really liked the room, the lighting, and the big woodbeam ceilings. I was originally obsessed with having our reception in a restored barn, but that dream flew out the window when I started to see rental prices. I was even more excited when she told me they were replacing the carpet  this winter, as it had some significant staining in some spots. The prices here are great, it is the only place I have seen that includes tax and gratuity in the per person price. If there are any other brides that are planning a wedding here or who got married here, I would love any information or feedback you may have!  Thanks and happy planning!!!

Re: Hi! I'm a newbie

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats! The ladies here are wonderful and so helpful! Don't be shy!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations! I also looked into The Shattuck, but it is over 2 hours from my house so I wanted to choose a closer location. Good luck in your wedding planning! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! The Shattuck is gorgeous, it was a little too far from our ceremony site though so we didn't choose it.
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations on your engagement!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome!  I got married at Fratello's in Manchester, so I'm no help on your venue, but I believe Mariegra's daughter is getting married there next September.  Hopefully she'll pop in and share her opinion.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    ScottCayla11ScottCayla11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!! Welcome and Congrats!

I am a Shattuck bride! I will be getting married there August 2011. There is another knottie who is getting married there Sept 2011 also. I am actually so glad you mentioned they are changing the carpet, I did not know this and was just up there for a bridal show and noticed how icky it was. The prices are very reasonable and location is gorgeous.  So far planning with them has gone very smoothly. They are really flexible, ie. you may burn candles, put up vinyl decals on floor/walls, bring in your own tablecloth overlays if you want. The chair sash and cover prices are $6 a chair, but overlays are $18 so I am trying to make my own somehow. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will tell you what I know and what vendors I am using. Good luck! I hear hidden hills is beautiful too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and best of luck planning! We are going with another venue so I can't speak to Shattuck, but everyone on here is loads of help and has great ideas and suggestions!
    Congratulations!!!
    4/29/12
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello--welcome & congratulations.  So excited to hear that there is another Shattuck wedding being planned.  Yes, my daughter (Julie) is getting married at the Shattuck on 9/3/11.  We were also up there for their bridal show on 12/4 and I was commenting to one of the floral vendors about how bad the carpeting looked and how I wish they would change it.  (I admit--I did not know that they were actually planning to do this--so I am thrilled!).  Julie fell in love with the high-beam cathedral ceiling and space inside the cathedral ballroom, but the thing that she was most excited about was the stone terrace for the ceremony.  I loved that we could have the ceremony and reception at the same site, (with a backup option of having the ceremony inside the ballroom in the event of inclement weather).  The location is a bit far--because we live in Nashua, but we're working on some options for guests transportation---possibly a school bus or a shuttle, to drive guests back and forth between the park & ride lot at exit 8 in Nashua and the Shattuck in Jaffrey.  We also booked a block of hotel rooms at the Best Western in Keene.  (Rooms at the Holiday Inn are nice too--but pricier).  I am doing most of the coordination/planning for Julie's wedding.  We booked an uplighting company (Boston Uplights) and musician/DJ, but have not yet booked the cake or florist.  We'll be going up to Jaffrey to meet with Daffodil's and Colls Garden Center in Jan or Feb.  We have a Photographer and Videographer coming up from the Bedford/Nashua area.  Just ordered Julie's gown from Modern Bride in Bedford at the end of November.  She still needs to select bridesmaid gowns....probably in March, but is leaning towards Navy dresses and wants sunflowers mixed with other "wildflowers" in her arrangements.  Feel free to check out the bio link in the siggy if you would like to see more of what we've done so far.  It will be great to chat with you and other Shattuck "brides" to compare notes :)  BTW, Donna (the coordinator), has been absolutely wonderful to work with so far.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Mariegra, we live in Hudson, NH so it was a little far for us too, but our family is scattered in nh/ma so it didn't really matter. The shuttle idea is great, I think I may want one for the guests from the shattuck to the hotel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards